Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Baby Evil

Old 03-08-2009, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Evil

Angel and I welcomed Ryan Allen into the world on Feb 28 at 945am. He is 8 pounds and 5 ounces, 21 1/4 inches long. His birth/delivery was everything except normal or predictable. Mom labored for 15 hours before the doc suggested a c-section (for the right reasons). Plus Angel needed a general anesthetic for the sugery which meant I was kicked out of the OR pretty quickly. It is difficult to describe the feeling of standing alone in the hallway outside the OR, wondering if your wife and kid are going to make it through the day.

Ryan had to be given CPR when he was born. He was covered in meconium and had inhaled and swallowed some. When they wheeled him out of the OR I had about 1 minute to see him as he was raced to the NICU. He had tube down his throat and they were "bagging" him to help him breathe.

I waited another 30 mins to hear about Angel. She lost a lot of blood, but was stable after the sugery. It would be about 24 hours before she was lucid enough to talk. I spent the next 24 hours running between floors at the hospital to be with her and Ryan. Ryan looked like a borg baby. Once they cleaned him up, he looked better. He was over 1 day old before Angel saw him.

I brought them both home last Friday night. Angel is amazing in how quickly she has healed and gotten back on her feet. Ryan is a normal baby with no lingering effects of his bumpy birth.

Mom is asleep right now and I have the little guy with me watching TV. I am pretty sure he just pooped again. The dog is laying on my feet and the cat is purring behind me on the sofa. So, this is what it is like being a grown-up?

Anyway, here is my kid, 1 week old and doing fine.

(thanks for indulging my personal ramblings)
Old 03-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Former Moderator

Hang on my friend, it's a rough ride for a few months but the rewards come quickly and often. Congrats.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:18 AM

Thanks, Rich!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats and it looks like my "nephew" needs another pint

Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

WOW...Scott...!!! That's amazing...

Now you really know how it feels to be a "Proud" PaPa.....

Congrats to you, my friend....
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 AM

Wow! What a bumpy start - I am so happy to hear all are well!! What a sweet little boy, can't wait to meet him! Give Angel and Ryan a big hug (you too!!!) from me and I am very happy for you all!!! It's all a pure joy from now on (Poopy diapers and all!!!) Love - Bek
Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 AM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm glad everyone is doing better

btw, kids get in free to Petit LeMans
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations BUDDY!

Thank goodness for hospitals with well-qualified staff. Sounds like you guys went through the entire spectrum of emotions.

Well, here's to BABY EVIL and lots of diapers, smiles, tears, and diapers in your future, enjoy!
(yeah, there are that many)
:cheers:
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Thank God in heaven he looks like his mother! I knew my prayers would help. I am happy for you by friend. Best wishes to you and your family. Look forward to rubbing peanut butter on his ears and turning Sam and Maggie loose in the back yard.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:39 PM

What a rough ride for the first day! There is no feeling like sharing that first kid with your wife and the grandparents! It had to be hard waiting for Angel to recover so you could enjoy it together. Glad you all got through it relatively in tact! Now, good luck getting sleep for the next 2 years!

Quick Reply: Baby Evil