Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Akron Sports Car Club AutoX 8-13-06 (wrietup)

Old 08-13-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Akron Sports Car Club AutoX 8-13-06 (wrietup)

I attended the akron sports car club autox in Lordstown today, and I have to admit I was impressed.

The venue was Lordstown high school which is only a frew miles from I80. The pavement wasn't the greatest, and the lot wasn't huge but hey its nice just to have a place to run hard.

Attendence was about 40 people, and I heard grumblings about how this was a low turnout, but it did work out in my favor, being able to do 6 runs that day.

Overall I would say it was well run. Things happend on time, and the only thing I thought was funny was that they never teched my helmet. This was probably due to the long line at tech at that point becaus we all found out where tech was through a rumor in the padock. (a printed schedule would've been helpful)

During the early session the police showed up and threw down a couple hot laps with lights and sirens on.

me driving like an idiot:

Overall I would say my performance was mixed. I improved from a 35 second lap down to a 33.3, and the benchmark for street tired cars seemed to be above 32. There is definately a lot more performance I can squeeze out though, especially considering i was sideways a lot. In one instance I even crossed the finish line completely sideways.. unfortunatly the run didn't count because i took out one of the DNF cones on the other side of the line.

Hopefully someone got some pictures because I definately started getting pretty good at drifting through one of the complexes.

Final Opinion: Do they have methidone for racers?!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you brought your S out to play ! I would normally be there in my S or lotus but had a High School reunion thing going on this past weekend. I think the turn out may have been a bit light because the Neohio SCCA folks and the Mansfield club both had events on the same day and I know a few people who went to those events instead of the ASCC event.

For others in the Cleveland/Akron area, the ASCC is trying to change around the rules a bit to create some classes that accomodate people that want to run street tires and the kinds of mods most people would generally do to their cars [as opposed to SCCA rules]. As an example, all stock classes may require street tires ... So if you don't have an extra set of wheels and DOT R tires, you still might be competitive. For more details, check out their website at www.autox.net .

have fun
john