Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Acura/Honda may be losing my future business!

Old 12-17-2004, 10:12 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Acura/Honda may be losing my future business!

Acura is starting to really piss me off...

My RSX has issues with going into third gear at times.... takes an extra push to get it to go into gear at times...

Acura has a service bulletin out on this, but I can't get my dealer to do anything about it.

I have had it in the shop 3-4 times for it, and they can't get it to do it for them.

Today had an appointment to have them drive it again, and the service manager took it for a drive. He drove it for all of 5 minutes, shifted into 3rd gear 7-10 times and pulled back into their lot. He said it didn't do it so he can't do anything about it.

Well, I told him if it does it again (it did it on the way home) I was going to call and make another appointment.... so, time to call again....

Already got an appointment set up with the district Acura person for January 7th....

Every time, I make an appointment, I have to take off work. Why can't the frickin dealership realize that I have nothing to gain by having them rip my transmission apart....

The dealership is Superior Acura on Route 4 in Fairfield (Cincinnati) Ohio.... Two fo the three people behind the service counter have no customer service skills!

Sorry for the venting, but this is frustrating as heck!

If they don't take care of this problem, my Acura/Honda buying days are over!
Old 12-17-2004, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Acura that I used to work for was great with this type of stuff. Ive seen them cover blown engines with cars that came in with race numbers still chalked on the windshield. I wish my Honda dealer offered even 50% of the service that Acura had.

I think its the dealer that your using. Try to find another one. Call American Honda and complain.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:27 PM

I mean... come on Acura....

My car is NOT modded (nothing major that is!)...

I've 50 years old...

Why would I complain about this if it wasn't happening....

Maybe I'll try the other dealer thats 20-25 miles away,.....
Old 12-17-2004, 12:34 PM

Some dealers are just like that.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear your going through this shit bro. Did I ever tell you about the body shop or the Porche tire? Just kidding. I agree with dude, power of the pen. Complain to the big dogs. We could all send a letter if you want. I am sure the I.A.A. can put our heads together and come up with a few intelligant sentences.....well...maybe not.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by ROGUE3308,Dec 17 2004, 07:29 PM
Sorry to hear your going through this shit bro. Did I ever tell you about the body shop or the Porche tire? Just kidding. I agree with dude, power of the pen. Complain to the big dogs. We could all send a letter if you want. I am sure the I.A.A. can put our heads together and come up with a few intelligant sentences.....well...maybe not.
Guess I'll just have to talk to the district guy and see what he says....

Its a pain when they know they have a problem, but won't take care of it...
Old 12-19-2004, 10:07 AM

Can you take the car to another dealer in the area?

Or ...............

Go to ...........

http://www.acura.com/owning/owning_index.asp

Quote from link "Owner Link is also your source for Customer Relations contact information ....."

Take your problem to a higher authority.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000,Dec 17 2004, 02:12 PM
Acura has a service bulletin out on this, but I can't get my dealer to do anything about it.

I have had it in the shop 3-4 times for it, and they can't get it to do it for them.

Today had an appointment to have them drive it again, and the service manager took it for a drive. He drove it for all of 5 minutes, shifted into 3rd gear 7-10 times and pulled back into their lot. He said it didn't do it so he can't do anything about it.
Mikey, when the guy's taking it for a ride, are you going with him? Perhaps it's doing it then, but he isn't noticing it. If you haven't gone for the ride, maybe you should go along next time.

The squeaky wheel always gets greased....eventually. Just keep squeaking!
Old 12-21-2004, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by JerseyGirl,Dec 19 2004, 03:27 PM
Mikey, when the guy's taking it for a ride, are you going with him? Perhaps it's doing it then, but he isn't noticing it. If you haven't gone for the ride, maybe you should go along next time.

The squeaky wheel always gets greased....eventually. Just keep squeaking!
Yep, I go for the drive with them.....

It is an intermittant problem, and hasn't happened when they are driving.

One problem is that this last time, the guy drove for 5-10 mintues, shifted into 3rd maybe 7-10 times..... when he pulled back into the dealership.... I said... thats all?

Poor customer service....

I may try setting this up at another dealer..... gotta see if I can get it in....
Old 12-21-2004, 06:06 AM

Yeah Mike, I would just take it to Columbia in Montgomery. From my limited experience with them they don't seem too intelligent, but anything is better than Superior. I too have had a bad experience with Superior, albeit on the sales side, not service.

Quick Reply: Acura/Honda may be losing my future business!