Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

2007 s2000

Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, just got back in the door from the drawing. The winning ticket was Dave Shyman (sp?), the seller was Ashley Shyman (presumably his daughter) so it doesn't sound like someone from here. Both the second and third prize winners were women, second prize sounded like a teacher at the school and third prize again sounded like a parent, as both the winner and the seller had the same last name. All the winner's names will be posted to the school's web site sometime tomorrow (Monday):

http://www.magnificaths.org/

Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jaydem,Nov 2 2008, 03:53 PM
ordered 2 books and a couple of weeks ago and never got anything in the mail....what gives?

Jay
The school is suppose to send out a reciept for all ticket orders recieved via paypal, as the purchase is tax-deductable. The actual tickets were not sent out but rather given to the girl listed as the salesperson, who filled out the stubs that were then put into the barrel. If no one was listed as the salesperson, the administrative staff filled out the stubs. If anyone doesn't recieve a reciept and needs one, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure the school gets one out.

I haven't heard the final numbers yet but the two girls that my wife suggested said that they were absolutely amazed at the number of tickets that they were credited via paypal and that the better part of their study halls this week were spend filling out stubs. Thanks to all who supported this, the s2k international community is truly a special place. Special thanks to Motoo and Scott for allowing me to post this up here. My intent was link together a great online community with a great cause - hopefully this shown thru.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 PM

i knew my dream was going to come true ...well still a donation to a good cause. i havent recieved a reciept neither but doesnt matter now i guess...thanks for lettin us be a part of this 8ball
Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 AM

It's ashame the girls dad won. People associated with the raffle shouldnt be eligible IMO.

-Matt
Old 11-03-2008, 05:46 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Well, being a parent of a student isn't necessarily 'associated with the raffle'. That's the way it usually ends up with school raffles - who do you think buys 90% of the tickets? Family members.

I know that every year, when I have to either sell Anika's raffle tickets to folks, or buy them myself, I always buy them. The prize is a year's tuition (or $2500 cash). If I won, should I be disqualified because I'm 'associated' with the seller?

JonasM
Old 11-03-2008, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by JonasM,Nov 3 2008, 10:46 AM
Well, being a parent of a student isn't necessarily 'associated with the raffle'. That's the way it usually ends up with school raffles - who do you think buys 90% of the tickets? Family members.

I know that every year, when I have to either sell Anika's raffle tickets to folks, or buy them myself, I always buy them. The prize is a year's tuition (or $2500 cash). If I won, should I be disqualified because I'm 'associated' with the seller?

JonasM
It's not something to take offense too...just an observation he had.

I tend to agree, it's annoying to see a family member win. /shruggs

Thanks for posting Alec, glad to see the support shine through.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,078 Posts

Someone needs to go find the new owner and get them to the site
Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 8_ball,Nov 2 2008, 10:32 PM
OK, just got back in the door from the drawing. The winning ticket was Dave Shyman (sp?), the seller was Ashley Shyman (presumably his daughter) so it doesn't sound like someone from here. Both the second and third prize winners were women, second prize sounded like a teacher at the school and third prize again sounded like a parent, as both the winner and the seller had the same last name. All the winner's names will be posted to the school's web site sometime tomorrow (Monday):

http://www.magnificaths.org/
Damn it! I NEEEDED that car. OK, well I would have loved to have won it so I could sell my 04 and update some of the old rides. Too bad, wife would have loved the Laguna.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by underESTIMATED,Nov 3 2008, 10:32 AM
It's not something to take offense too...just an observation he had.

I tend to agree, it's annoying to see a family member win. /shruggs
I didn't take offense, just pointing out that family members will usually win if it's a school fundraiser. I don't know why anyone would be surprised at that.

JonasM
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 AM

Doesn't it seem kind of odd that only people in attendence won anything...

Were the outside raffle tickets entered?

Quick Reply: 2007 s2000