Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Welcome to the DARK SIDE! Official Black S2Ks

Old 06-22-2003, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah man, how do I get it so their pictures and not links? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Updated pics of my beauty!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, its too bad you had the best wheels on in the before pic.

a[e
Old 06-23-2003, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by EssTooKayTD

I'm jealous! Not too many blacks make me jealous but I love the 18s vs. my 17s and I love that lip. The sides interest me as well. Just got a bunch of brake stuff from Spugen too. Do I sense another mod coming my way???
Old 06-23-2003, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]

I'm jealous!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:06 PM

Know all about the house and wedding. Luckily, I bought the house before my wife and I got together. Great bachelor pad but kind of small with 2 adults and now 2 kids. For the wedding, we got tired of everyone telling us what we "had to do" so we eloped. Had the dress, tux, rings, flowers, cake, champagne, everything but the people, hassle, and the bill. It was all about us but that's not for everyone. Good luck.

I'd like to drop a bit but I'm a little scared since I'm a daily driver. I don't want to sacrifice too much ride but I sure don't want to bump and grind periodically on normal pavement. I already have to be careful on certain inclines and declines. Any suggestions?

I'll try and remember to post pics of the rotor install. My PRM CAI came in today as well. Of course, I'm leaving in the morning for a vacation so the installs will have to wait. Thx for your input.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]Know all about the house and wedding.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:31 PM

So, if I stayed 17s what would you recommend? Approx. cost?

If I managed to sell them and get the 18s like you (I can wish) would you do the same system over again? What would that run me about?

Green with envy indeed!!!!! By the way, one of the Florida s2kers from Jupiter, FL has attended a couple of your meetings. His folks live in Houston. It's been awhile but the two trips I made to Houston on biz was great, short but great. Best crawfish I've ever had was at Magnolia's (I think that's right) and I forget the name of the Mexican place we went to but it was amazing as well.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:34 PM

Have you thought about clearing the corners?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:16 PM

if you want to stay with 17's it would be for performance. if you want the 18's, you won't sacrifice much performance, since they weigh just about the same as the stock 16's. Soooo, it's whatever way you want to go as far as size goes. Honestly, I think your 17's will look nice, but 18's look really nice. If you had the funds, i would say go with 18's. I might have a guy here in houston insterested in your work 17's actually. pm dxlst if you are considering buying up to 18's.

I love my set up and wouldn't change it at all. Only thing, is if when more money is there, go full coilover sets. It is the absolute best way to go. "the right way" as testified by many.

I went with Comptech adjustable springs for the drop. This way, you can start higher...wait for the springs to settle. And lower it as you see fit. The springs themselves are 700-800 bucks brand new. You might be able to steal a set of used ones at around 400. That's what I did.

scienceofspeed.com sells the work's at a very good price. I believe bulletproofautomotive.com is not too shabby either.

Clearing corners: at first i was going to, since i have a black and silver theme with the car, but I noticed everyone doing it, so I wanted to stay amber to be different. Ironic no?

If you have more questions, I'll be happy to answer them if I can.

PAYCE!!!
-Tom