Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

The quest for "Flushness" using AP2 OEM Wheels!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just for those who are lookin for front hubcentric spacers with integrated studs like i am, optionselects on ebay does have 15mm and 20mm for the fronts (70.1mm bore). and of course they have the ones for the rears as well in the various sizes
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Shift,Oct 27 2010, 05:20 PM
hey guys..do you know if ill be doing alot of fender damage if i go with 225 and 255 tires with 25mm spacers all around??

im on 215 and 245 tires..and i alredy did damage..lol..but if i put some negative camber..will i be able to run 225 and 255 tires without any problem?
I used to have 25mm all around on 225/255 with -2.5F, -3.0R camber -- goodbye fenders

I'll make it big and bolded so everyone here can read it again.

If you run anything over a 15mm spacer with stock or bigger tire-sizes and you are lowered by over an inch, prepare to have your fender pulled out.

It might not happen to you right away, but it will happen. You can choose wether it gets pulled out by a bodyshop with a fender roller or when your tire hooks onto your fender lip and tears/pushes it out.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc,Oct 28 2010, 06:33 AM
I used to have 25mm all around on 225/255 with -2.5F, -3.0R camber -- goodbye fenders

If you run anything over a 15mm spacer with stock or bigger tire-sizes and you are lowered by over an inch, prepare to have your fender pulled out.

It might not happen to you right away, but it will happen. You can choose wether it gets pulled out by a bodyshop with a fender roller or when your tire hooks onto your fender lip and tears/pushes it out.
ok kool..THANK YOU SIR!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thats even with rolled fenders? ive been through some rough roads and driveways in LA, none of which have done dmg to my fenders...

@k.shift - i dont have my specs with me atm. but i posted them earlier in this thread somewhere. im running stock tire sizes and im about a little less than a finger all around.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It depends how you approach inclines, speed bumps etc.

Your fenders will not get chewed up like that driving straight. And if you are turning right, naturally your left front corner will compress, but there is plently of fender clearance for that natural compression.

It's when you are turning into a parking lot, or up an incline of some sort that you run into problems. If you turn right into your driveway for example, your right front corner starts compressing. This is not natural, and the fenders don't have as much clearance that way. If you guys have a look at your wheels turned full lock left and right you will see what I mean.

So that being said, rough roads, pot holes, speedbumps, etc, shouldn't cause issues unless you are travelling over them with the wheels turned significantly.

I warped my front right fender the slightest amount turning up the entrance to a parkade going very slowly.

-Cam
Old 10-28-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Swang,Oct 28 2010, 09:09 AM
thats even with rolled fenders? ive been through some rough roads and driveways in LA, none of which have done dmg to my fenders...

@k.shift - i dont have my specs with me atm. but i posted them earlier in this thread somewhere. im running stock tire sizes and im about a little less than a finger all around.
Eventually you will, it's just a matter of time. As the previous poster mentioned, it's things like driveways, but you can't reasonably expect to always know every road and driveway you'll be on or how to approach it. Or if you like to drive the car how it's meant to be driven, a bump in the middle of a high speed turn will do the same thing.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ss04,Oct 28 2010, 10:28 AM
It depends how you approach inclines, speed bumps etc.

Your fenders will not get chewed up like that driving straight. And if you are turning right, naturally your left front corner will compress, but there is plently of fender clearance for that natural compression.

It's when you are turning into a parking lot, or up an incline of some sort that you run into problems. If you turn right into your driveway for example, your right front corner starts compressing. This is not natural, and the fenders don't have as much clearance that way. If you guys have a look at your wheels turned full lock left and right you will see what I mean.

So that being said, rough roads, pot holes, speedbumps, etc, shouldn't cause issues unless you are travelling over them with the wheels turned significantly.

I warped my front right fender the slightest amount turning up the entrance to a parkade going very slowly.

-Cam
yup..thats exactly what happened..i entered the steep parking lot entrance in an angle..but turned my wheel to the right slightly..and as i went up..the right front corner compressed and the tire pushed out the fender and the inner part that was rolled..

@swang..thats really weird man..maybe your one of the lucky ones.hahaha..but ill look at the old post for ur specs.

i try my best to AVOID all steep entrances now..but when i do have to go up one..i angle it..but dont turn the wheel until ive reached the top..and im getting better at it now
Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc,Oct 28 2010, 07:33 AM

Were your fenders rolled when this happened?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rice-CHRISpies,Oct 28 2010, 07:01 PM
Were your fenders rolled when this happened?
He probably wouldn't be able to even drive his car anywhere if they weren't lol
Old 10-28-2010, 07:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i see what your saying, but i drive a pretty steep driveway daily and i usually take it at a slight angle.....maybe im just not low enough? lol

my mugen rep lip is literally split/cracked/broken, you name it...only duct tape is holding it together

Quick Reply: The quest for "Flushness" using AP2 OEM Wheels!