Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Rim Pic Gallery! Post pics of your rims

Old 11-08-2003, 03:13 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by S2X
looks goooooooooood!!!! pete!

i can see them pete. but not the first time.

how in the world you get those width size and offset??? it perfect!
Thanx bro.

I had to order them direct from Japan, in order to get these sizes and offsets. I don't think I've seen other S2000s with this size and offset for the S2Rs.

I have to give madd props to Van Phan from Piercey Toyota/Scion in San Jose. He came through with the insane hookup on these rims. Van has a lot of knowledge and connections for aftermarket parts, and I HIGHLY recommend checking with him before you buy elsewhere. He also provided A-1 customer service to me when I bought the Scion xA.

-Pete
Old 11-08-2003, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone post a picture of 17" Work Meisters on a S2000? I love 18s for the bling, 17s look a bit small in some rims imo. But I think the Meisters might look nice in 17s (unlike LMs in 17s, sorry).
Old 11-08-2003, 06:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OC S2K
Can someone post a picture of 17" Work Meisters on a S2000?
Old 11-09-2003, 07:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OC S2K
Can someone post a picture of 17" Work Meisters on a S2000?
Old 11-09-2003, 07:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

...added note re:17 vs. 18s.

I honestly haven't noticed much of a ride difference on the crappy roads of Jacksonville vs. the times I had the 16s vs. the 17s vs. the 18s. Not saying there hasn't been some change but I wouldn't say dramatic. I've also lowered the car now with only a slight stiffening effect that still is a relatively comfortable ride considering what we're all driving vs. a sedan or something.

I went with the 18s because of the look or the bling, etc. I just think it's a better look given the color of my car, the rims, etc. Just my opinion though. I don't track the car nor street race, etc. It's all looks but I don't feel that I've compromised the car much if any with the various things I've done. Again, just my opinion but that's my 2 cents.

Enjoy!
Old 11-09-2003, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was once one of the biggest haters of heavier than stock rims which then comprises of a lot or rims, but now i really don't give a flying fock as long as the rims look good and are made by a quality manufacturer. i admit, i was way too much of a snob about this so apologies go out to those i hated on.

i went from stock 16s to same weight 17s to 20lbs+ 18s in the period of a year.. and i can honestly say that i noticed no diff between the 16s and 17s even if on 17s were rollin' on wider rubber... but going 18s with even wider rubber than the 17s... the steering became more weighty which i got used to. some might like it, some may not like it (feels more "teutonic")... i don't care as long as the car steers predictably like it did stock and yes it does.

acceleration wise, i ran against a few stock ones and acceleration diff is negligible (hell i was pulling a bit from a 15mph roll to 100+mph).

and that whole braking, turning thing... feels good as ever.

unless you're fighting for tenths at the track (I surely do not)and the limits of the stock car hold you back from getting faster, don't worry about putting on bigger, heavier than stock rims as long as (within a reasonable range) they're made by a quality manufacturer.

looks-wise, 18s look best. i tried to convince myself 17s look just as good, but now that i've seen other cars with 18s and i'm rollin' on 18s... comparing between the two... there is no comparison. and the ride... however you may cut it the s2000 ride is at best "sporty" in 16s, on 17s on 18s.

17s are cool as well if you want a good balance of lightweight rims and better looks than stock.

and about tire selection... no matter how you slice it, you'll have more grip with 255 S-03s (a popular choice amongst aftermarket rim riders) than the narrower stock S-02s.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by WRS2K
and about tire selection... no matter how you slice it, you'll have more grip with 255 S-03s (a popular choice amongst aftermarket rim riders) than the narrower stock S-02s.
I don't think this is true. How did you calculate this?

-Pete
Old 11-09-2003, 01:06 PM

Why don't you? The tire will have a wider footprint and contact patch with the ground.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by darkknight1999
Why don't you? The tire will have a wider footprint and contact patch with the ground.
Yes, but it's not much wider, and I was led to believe (by reading the competition forums) that the compound of the tire is the most important factor related to how well the tire sticks.

Track compounds are generally in the 40-60 range, the S02's are 140, and the S03s are a 240 compound.

I've never heard of anyone racing an S2000, going from the OEM S02's to an oversized S03 for better traction. If it were true, it would be a cheaper and better solution than the S02s.

-Pete
Old 11-09-2003, 04:36 PM

yo pete, the OEM S-02s don't have any voodoo magic formula that allow them to be stickier than tires/rims that allow you to put more rubber to the ground.

and while i can't and don't care to collect and "calculate" data to validate my claims that 255 s-03s provide more stick than OEM s-02s... just go ahead and drive another s2000 with bigger rims on S-03s and tell me what you think. i've had the pleasure of riding 16K on stock rims with OEM s-02s and 9" rims on 255s and 9.5" on 255s (20K plus) and i can tell you that i have more grip with the big/wider rims/tires combo. others who've gone wider would tend to agree based on what i've seen on this board. for the stock rims OEM S-02s are for sure your best bet for best stick.

s-03s are fantastic tires when combined with wider rims than stock. finding sizes for your 17" rims is easy (good job on getting the good offsets).

you'll be sittin pretty with 215 or 225s up front and 255s in the rear. S-03s baby. but if u don't care for the brand/F1 bling, i've heard good things about Kumho MXs.

and the compounds that they discuss in the racing and comp forum... i would hope they aren't getting their panties up in a bunch comparing street tires to street tires like us... but more like toyo RA1s v. Kumho Victoracers, shaved or unshaved, heat cycling etc. that's been my observation.

good luck, but it's really not that hard when u think about it.

Quick Reply: Official Rim Pic Gallery! Post pics of your rims