Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Laguna Blue Pearl Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When the car was this low in the back, It wouldn't rub on regular street driving but would rub in the back like crazy in canyon runs. I raised it a tad in the rear(2 revolutions) and can now carve canyons without rubbing. Front was left the same.

I am on KW V3 Coilovers...
-1.7 camber in the front
-3.3 camber in the rear

I backed off a bit on the alignment to get it to handle a bit better and to get that fully flush look.
Current revised alignment...
-1.5 camber in the front
-3.0 camber in the rear

Car handles better with this setup and the tires are flush with the body all around...

Side note...When I look into my driverside mirror(I have a blindspot fish eye mirrors) I can see my rear tire moving and it looks hella aggressive.

I'll take pics today or tomorrow of the revised ride height with less negative camber in the next couple of days(good thing I washed the car yesterday ) .
Old 11-05-2009, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk,Nov 5 2009, 07:21 AM
When the car was this low in the back, It wouldn't rub on regular street driving but would rub in the back like crazy in canyon runs. I raised it a tad in the rear(2 revolutions) and can now carve canyons without rubbing. Front was left the same.

I am on KW V3 Coilovers...
-1.7 camber in the front
-3.3 camber in the rear

I backed off a bit on the alignment to get it to handle a bit better and to get that fully flush look.
Current revised alignment...
-1.5 camber in the front
-3.0 camber in the rear

Car handles better with this setup and the tires are flush with the body all around...

Side note...When I look into my driverside mirror(I have a blindspot fish eye mirrors) I can see my rear tire moving and it looks hella aggressive.

I'll take pics today or tomorrow of the revised ride height with less negative camber in the next couple of days(good thing I washed the car yesterday ) .
It looks hella good! But you must go through tires like coo coo?! Still love it nonetheless! I guess you can't have it all.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:44 AM

Not really...I make sure my alignment guy leaves the toe at 0...My last set of Re-11's lasted me around 8 thousand miles...But they're Re-11's(Don't expect them to last long, regardless).
Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Here we go, as promised, new pics of the S with the rear raised a bit so I don't rub on the fender on canyon runs...Enjoy!

I have more but I don't want to bombard this thread with a bunch of pics.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 PM

^^ Sex on wheels! U should get the lip..
Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 AM

I know...I need to pay my bills and save up a bit so I can get an oem lip and diffuser/lip protector at the same time. Maybe those downforce c/f sideskirts as well. All I need is $1500 or so...That's not including painting the sideskirts. But I suppose that when I pant those sideskirts I'll paint the HT as well and try to get a package deal.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk,Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM
I know...I need to pay my bills and save up a bit so I can get an oem lip and diffuser/lip protector at the same time. Maybe those downforce c/f sideskirts as well. All I need is $1500 or so...That's not including painting the sideskirts. But I suppose that when I pant those sideskirts I'll paint the HT as well and try to get a package deal.
It looks great how it sits now! No need to rush!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk,Nov 5 2009, 05:37 PM
Here we go, as promised, new pics of the S with the rear raised a bit so I don't rub on the fender on canyon runs...Enjoy!

I have more but I don't want to bombard this thread with a bunch of pics.
is that the mugen hard top or the siebon? just wondering cause im going to be buying a hardtop soon and thats the style i want. Im sick of catching aholes breaking into my effing car. hardtop it is asap...

can you shoot me a link to the h&r hubcentric trak spacers too?

your car is amazing and clean....
Old 11-14-2009, 04:51 PM

i believe he said it was seibon but vis is also an alternative because the auth mugen cf ht will cost u a small fortune lol
Old 11-15-2009, 09:14 AM

^^It's a VIS(one of the better batches, I guess). I missed your questions somehow, Silverstone S2k...Sorry again, don't know how I missed this and thanks for the compliments...

Here's the website...I have the DRM's

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/trak/