Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD

Old 07-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dat boi
Originally Posted by farzam' timestamp='1311417899' post='20807672
[quote name='dat boi' timestamp='1311416859' post='20807667']
What alignment settings are you trying to run? It shouldn't through your toe out of whack.. Maybe get a second opinion? It all depends on how high your car is. I personally run -3.2 degrees (IIRC) in the rear and -3 degrees in the front on stock body with 17x9.5 +35/40 and 255/40/17 Hankook RS3s all around. My toe is at 0 degrees front and .20 degrees toe in at the rear. With the RS3s, the car is very neutral when cornering and linear when it's about to give out.
My 240sx on zeals handles exponentially better on bigger wheels and smaller tires. I don't want to ruin the vehicle's abilities to handle but i'm sure with these tires i'll be eating my words.

Anyways, I want to run awesome alignment specs. My drivers side won't go past -2.5 without the toe going apeshit. I was the first opinion, my friend who runs a shop is the second, and all his techs agree. None of them are into flush stuff, and usually they're ignorant to our demographic, but the alignment machine/monster doesn't lie. I guess I need to order some aftermarket suspension components, but that's just another big f'n headache with all the research i'll have to do...and then i'll have to buy everything at once (doing "packages" allows me to ensure everything I intend to run goes well together and compliments each other)
How apeshit does your toe go? I'd recheck the suspension to make sure everything is tight and installed correctly before buying more parts. I'm not saying it's your fault or anything, but rechecking it might save you some cash. Usually, S2000s have a wide range of adjustments on stock suspension components (aside from coilovers). For what it's worth, I'm running BuddyClub N+ and have so for about 35k miles and about 5-6 different alignments and every single time, the shop got me what I desired.

From what I can gather about your tire size and height, I don't think you'll ruin the handling at all, especially after you align it to your liking and have your tire pressures in check.
[/quote]

Well my car is at a very nice shop with a lot of new tools (my s2k is worth probably 1/5 of the average car going through this shop) so I don't think it's the equipment...and i've had multiple people look at my stuff (pro bono), and there's noone else in the area I really trust. I'm going to bug a bunch of local people I know to try to help, and i'm really having a hard time believing all this stuff myself. I just took an hour nap and got a ride back to the shop and i'm helping my friend do a garage sale for his shop...sitting in his parking lot waiting for him to get here. And I'll probably have to do an oil change on a Jeep, and try to put my new oil pan on my 240...today is the trial to triumph!

Thanks for the responses, hopefully all goes well
Old 07-23-2011, 05:59 AM

Old 07-23-2011, 06:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by farzam
Originally Posted by dat boi' timestamp='1311422286' post='20807729
[quote name='farzam' timestamp='1311417899' post='20807672']
What alignment settings are you trying to run? It shouldn't through your toe out of whack.. Maybe get a second opinion? It all depends on how high your car is. I personally run -3.2 degrees (IIRC) in the rear and -3 degrees in the front on stock body with 17x9.5 +35/40 and 255/40/17 Hankook RS3s all around. My toe is at 0 degrees front and .20 degrees toe in at the rear. With the RS3s, the car is very neutral when cornering and linear when it's about to give out.
My 240sx on zeals handles exponentially better on bigger wheels and smaller tires. I don't want to ruin the vehicle's abilities to handle but i'm sure with these tires i'll be eating my words.

Anyways, I want to run awesome alignment specs. My drivers side won't go past -2.5 without the toe going apeshit. I was the first opinion, my friend who runs a shop is the second, and all his techs agree. None of them are into flush stuff, and usually they're ignorant to our demographic, but the alignment machine/monster doesn't lie. I guess I need to order some aftermarket suspension components, but that's just another big f'n headache with all the research i'll have to do...and then i'll have to buy everything at once (doing "packages" allows me to ensure everything I intend to run goes well together and compliments each other)
How apeshit does your toe go? I'd recheck the suspension to make sure everything is tight and installed correctly before buying more parts. I'm not saying it's your fault or anything, but rechecking it might save you some cash. Usually, S2000s have a wide range of adjustments on stock suspension components (aside from coilovers). For what it's worth, I'm running BuddyClub N+ and have so for about 35k miles and about 5-6 different alignments and every single time, the shop got me what I desired.

From what I can gather about your tire size and height, I don't think you'll ruin the handling at all, especially after you align it to your liking and have your tire pressures in check.
[/quote]

Well my car is at a very nice shop with a lot of new tools (my s2k is worth probably 1/5 of the average car going through this shop) so I don't think it's the equipment...and i've had multiple people look at my stuff (pro bono), and there's noone else in the area I really trust. I'm going to bug a bunch of local people I know to try to help, and i'm really having a hard time believing all this stuff myself. I just took an hour nap and got a ride back to the shop and i'm helping my friend do a garage sale for his shop...sitting in his parking lot waiting for him to get here. And I'll probably have to do an oil change on a Jeep, and try to put my new oil pan on my 240...today is the trial to triumph!

[/quote]

Good luck! Worst comes to worst, just uninstall, measure your coilovers and set the ride height and suspension preload on ground first and re-install them, load up the lower A arm with a jack and torque the bottom bolt. As you do this, measure the distance from top of the fender to the center of the wheel hub and make sure they're all at their desired height. Put the car on the ground and remeasure again, and adjust as needed. At most, this will take you about an hour with power tools and a lift and you can make sure nothing is out of spec.

Hope you get it all figured out!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by dat boi
Originally Posted by farzam' timestamp='1311428990' post='20807814
[quote name='dat boi' timestamp='1311422286' post='20807729']
[quote name='farzam' timestamp='1311417899' post='20807672']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck! Worst comes to worst, just uninstall, measure your coilovers and set the ride height and suspension preload on ground first and re-install them, load up the lower A arm with a jack and torque the bottom bolt. As you do this, measure the distance from top of the fender to the center of the wheel hub and make sure they're all at their desired height. Put the car on the ground and remeasure again, and adjust as needed. At most, this will take you about an hour with power tools and a lift and you can make sure nothing is out of spec.

Hope you get it all figured out!
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess I just need to listen to my own advice I give everyone else, DBAP (don't be a pussy)...anyways, thanks for the tips and hopefully tonight i'll have some dope shots.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 AM

^ how do people like this guy not get banned?
Old 07-23-2011, 11:10 AM

there is a possibility he is trying to b funny, thats why. besides y do u take one comment so serious it drives u to post that?

Sent from your sisters phone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by skilled sIIk
^ how do people like this guy not get banned?
im dropped on ap2v1 hella sunk... the opposite of hella flush and even i think that guys a loser.

Haters gona hate man.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:43 PM

I'm not driving the car like this, i'm not even sure why i'm showing you all this. I guess after putting 67 hours into something in 72 hours with 2 meals, after nonstop partying for my 21st birthday going cold turkey on booze and bud with most of it either in 100 degree weather or an 80-112 degree garage...I feel kinda proud. Nothing awesome but it's just test fitting, I have a lot more fitting and am in need of a suspension sponsor or a winning lotto ticket.

Edit: Yeah, I know the car was driven and I said i'm not driving it like this, but I had to see how it rode, and then I had to go to your girls and ride her too, oops.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by .MM
Ricers
lmmfao
Old 07-23-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by farzam

I'm not driving the car like this, i'm not even sure why i'm showing you all this. I guess after putting 67 hours into something in 72 hours with 2 meals, after nonstop partying for my 21st birthday going cold turkey on booze and bud with most of it either in 100 degree weather or an 80-112 degree garage...I feel kinda proud. Nothing awesome but it's just test fitting, I have a lot more fitting and am in need of a suspension sponsor or a winning lotto ticket.

Edit: Yeah, I know the car was driven and I said i'm not driving it like this, but I had to see how it rode, and then I had to go to your girls and ride her too, oops.

youre not planning on keeping 2 different sets of wheels on it are you?

Quick Reply: Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD