Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD

Old 10-30-2010, 05:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's funny how a lot of people on this site do not understand the hard work that goes into making an aggressive set of wheels fit. I have seen so many s2k owners complaining about how the flush wheel "fad" is ruining the s2k because we can't drive them like the race cars they were meant to be.

I had a set of high offset wheel and when I switched to a semi aggressive setup a few years back(17x8 25 F, 17x9 35 R) the handling improved greatly. I still have those rims but now I have 255s and 275s on them for when I want to drive the car "the way you think it should be always driven".

I guess my point is you we are not pushing this fad on you, we are not starting threads all over the forum talking about how we hate all the s2k's with their wheels sunk in. We are not going into your threads and telling you how much your stockish widths and offsets are killing the look of your car.

If you are on the east coast, come out to one of our events and I will help you better appreciate the aggressive stance movement.

Rob
http://isomeets.com/
Old 10-30-2010, 06:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Dressed2Kill,Oct 30 2010, 08:57 AM] It's funny how a lot of people on this site do not understand the hard work that goes into making an aggressive set of wheels fit. I have seen so many s2k owners complaining about how the flush wheel "fad" is ruining the s2k because we can't drive them like the race cars they were meant to be.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kno,Oct 30 2010, 03:45 AM
It is very sad to see what has happened to the s2ki community within the past year or so. I mean all these hella flush cars look nice and all but it seems like a lot of s2k owners are forgetting about the performance end of our beautiful cars. I understand that different people have different tastes but I believe if you want to go crazy offset 18''+ wheels with stretched tires... you shouldve have bought a different car... something more along the lines of a g35. I admit some are clean and not overly done but the majority on this tread is a no go. this trend needs to die. Just my opinion... if you want to flame, im ready for the heat.
-s2kno
LOL its ok everything is gonna be alright.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you dont like these cars you dont have to look. That kind of stuff is gonna get this thread locked. Just hit the back button instead
Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kno,Oct 30 2010, 03:45 AM
It is very sad to see what has happened to the s2ki community within the past year or so. I mean all these hella flush cars look nice and all but it seems like a lot of s2k owners are forgetting about the performance end of our beautiful cars. I understand that different people have different tastes but I believe if you want to go crazy offset 18''+ wheels with stretched tires... you shouldve have bought a different car... something more along the lines of a g35. I admit some are clean and not overly done but the majority on this tread is a no go. this trend needs to die. Just my opinion... if you want to flame, im ready for the heat.
-s2kno
As individuals we all have different priorities in life, and the same trickles down to our cars. A few people just aren't as interested in the performance oriented aspect of the S2000. I don't think that all the different subgroups of people on S2Ki fracture the community either, it just makes the group a little more diverse.

I know FAR more people who track their S2000s than those who push to have the most aggressive looking wheels work on their cars. And the thread size should be no indication of the aggressive wheel style's popularity, the threads are huge because they're photo and content intensive.

The majority of the S2000 owners on this board will always be in the middle, where they lament over how to strike a balance between a great looking car and enjoying the performance it was designed to deliver. I suspect you and I and many others outside of this thread fall into this group of people.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

Funny guy if its there car they can do whatever they want to it what makes an s2000 diffrent from a G35 they both have 4 wheels and any car can be modded even a Sentra so just dont come in here if you dont like Stance and Flushness!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by steezys2k,Oct 30 2010, 11:58 AM
Funny guy if its there car they can do whatever they want to it what makes an s2000 diffrent from a G35 they both have 4 wheels and any car can be modded even a Sentra so just dont come in here if you dont like Stance and Flushness!
Periods and commas are your friend.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22,Oct 30 2010, 09:22 AM
Periods and commas are your friend.
and the correct use of "their" as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

-s2kno

-
Completely agree, I don't think the s2k lead engineers sat down together and said "We will design this sports car so people aroun the world can put 18" wide hellaflush offset wheels on it."
it was more like "Lets design a car that is nimble, quick, turns heads, and is a great platform for road racing."
Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Banned

^ Companys didnt design any aftermarket mods for there cars so that was a stupid remark everybody makes a car look how ever they want because thats what they willl be driving , and im not here to write perfect its a forum not a dictionary

Quick Reply: Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD