Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD

Old 02-11-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not good for the damper though
Old 02-11-2014, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they're made to be able to take a beating from consistent track days, I would imagine they'll be fine for a while just daily driving. I've been riding with them set this way for about a year, no problems. And honestly I won't be mad when the rears go, because I want bc or buddyclubn+ rear coils anyways. Ff type 2 don't go low enough in the rear
Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Anytime you max out the damper stiffness it wears hard on the coilover. You'll think the ride isn't that bad until you get in a car with a proper setup. Not saying this to be an asshole. I'm all for low. Just a psa that I think a lot of stance guys don't realize. When I went from my Megan's to my fortune autos it was crazy how much nicer the ride was, even though my spring rates were significantly higher (18k/16k vs the stock 9 or 10k Megan uses). Part of the reason was because the damper wasn't maxed out. It's roughly 2/3s of what the max is and it rides great, even though I'm just as low as my Megan's were
Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by juntsky
Anytime you max out the damper stiffness it wears hard on the coilover. You'll think the ride isn't that bad until you get in a car with a proper setup. Not saying this to be an asshole. I'm all for low. Just a psa that I think a lot of stance guys don't realize. When I went from my Megan's to my fortune autos it was crazy how much nicer the ride was, even though my spring rates were significantly higher (18k/16k vs the stock 9 or 10k Megan uses). Part of the reason was because the damper wasn't maxed out. It's roughly 2/3s of what the max is and it rides great, even though I'm just as low as my Megan's were
Funny you mention this, a buddy of mine and I were talking about this the other day. I was riding on the stiffest setting on my BC's and he said that doing that puts alot of stress on the coilover and recommended I start off on the softest setting and go adjusting as I see fit. After I thought about it, it made perfect sense, it has 32 way adjustable damper, so why start off on the hardest setting? Im still figuring out my setup but good advice none the less.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM

Oh I know it's true. No doubt it puts a lot of added stress on the coils. To be honest I don't know why I maxed the stiffness on the rears when I got them because I wasn't rubbing or anything. Should have ran with a tad softer. But now I do actually need them stiff so the tires don't run so bad. I should dial in a tad bit more camber and run them a bit softer. But like I said, I REALLY hate the ff type 2's. So it would be a great push for me to get bc's or bcn+ if they failed.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 PM

But again, I would expect them to last a good while at their max stiffness seeing as how I baby the car even though I daily it. I would imagine that trackers put wayyyyy more frequent stress on theirs even without them being as stiff as can be. But this is all speculation on my part
Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 PM

But again, I would expect them to last a good while at their max stiffness seeing as how I baby the car even though I daily it. I would imagine that trackers put wayyyyy more frequent stress on theirs even without them being as stiff as can be. But this is all speculation on my part
Old 02-11-2014, 11:04 PM

I may be wrong, but i seriously doubt the people seriously tracking their car have the same setup as an off the shelf bottom line setup, and even then most of them probably are still not at their highest dampening level. again no offense, as I have no clue what coilovers the ones youre talking about are.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:05 PM

also fwiw, many actual track coilover setups arent typically recommended for street use because of how fragile they are believe it or not. lol
Old 02-12-2014, 11:54 AM

Hmm, makes sense. And these are function and form type 2's. Hate em

Quick Reply: Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD