Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD

Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark355
danio, any regrets going to the E90 from the AP2?
Yes and no..

Everyday I whine and complain like a little bitch to jwon, b18c5-eg6, and other members on this board how much I want another S2000, but I also can't let go of the M3.

There really is nothing like an S2000. Don't be surprised if you see me in a third S2000 this year hahaha
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leng-ap2
Originally Posted by danio' timestamp='1362354556' post='22377538
=D

and a bonus hahahaha

so nasty!!!!!
Thanks man. When you had your AP2, it was definately one of my favorites.

My Works are on your old car with the current owner btw hahaha
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coilovers and other things are for sale =p
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/100...arts-for-sale/
Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 PM

^^Nice man. Thanks for the radiator stays
Old 03-07-2013, 02:44 PM

alright i have a question for all you hellaflush/stanced fellows out there. on monday i recieved my wheels and camber arms and proceeded to install all the new parts on my car. after doing so and getting proper fitment i go to test drive the car to check rubbing and whatever else. the rear of the car felt like i left both wheels loose. the wheels were wobbling up and down and shimmying in and out. i pulled the car back in the driveway and double checked everything to make sure it was tight. everything was as i suspected. mind you all i have done is lower the car back down (had coilovers on already), put camber adjustable control arms on and new wheels and tires. i put my stock wheels back on and it was doing the same thing. i raised the car up and with the stock wheels on problem went away. i put the new wheels on with it still raised and i got clicking/knocking noise from the rear at about 5 mph. all the issuses occur at 5 mph. i got fed up and raised the front also and put the stock wheels back on. car drives like it did before i started working on it (other than pulling to the right in the front). i took it to get an alignment yesterday and the toe was all out of wack. now my question is could the toe being out that far cause the wobbling and shimmying? im assuming it was worse when the car was slammed. i hope this makes sense and any feedback is welcome as long as its positive. not sure if it matter or not but the wheel and tire specs are 18x9.5 +12 all around and im running 215/35/18.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM

I'm gonna say its the wheel bearings.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM

why would it only do it with the aftermarket wheels and not the stock wheels?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brandon, according to your alignment specs, your technician got your front and rear toe and thrust angle within spec.
What is worrying is your lack of caster in the left front (this could mean that the left front suspension has set back), and that nothing was done to adjust the camber to even it side to side, whatever specs you choose.
What adjustable arms are you using, and are you using axle spacers? If you loosen the axle nut, how much play does the axle have in the hub splines?
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It probably has nothing to really do with your alignment. Even with alignment all out of whack, you'd still
be able to drive without tons of shimmying/weird mishaps happening.

It does sound like possibly your wheel bearings going out, as the lower offset wheels are probably putting a ton
of stress on your wheel bearings.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by sweetdill
Brandon, according to your alignment specs, your technician got your front and rear toe and thrust angle within spec.
What is worrying is your lack of caster in the left front (this could mean that the left front suspension has set back), and that nothing was done to adjust the camber to even it side to side, whatever specs you choose.
What adjustable arms are you using, and are you using axle spacers? If you loosen the axle nut, how much play does the axle have in the hub splines?
im using god speed in the front (probably horrible i know) but couldnt pass it up. i have the megans in the rear. im also running the megan axle spacers. didnt loosen the axel nut because i didnt have a big enough socket. i posted this in the suspension forumn and they think my axles are pitted.

Quick Reply: Official Flush/hella flush(STANCE FTW) S2 THREAD