Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Official Enkei RPF1 Thread PT 2.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you want to sell them instead of trade? LMK, I've been looking at this exact setup.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 AM

Make me an offer, I suppose.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

So I bought some 17x9.5 +38's from a guy who said they would fit stock. I want my car to be a racecar, so Im looking for some wheels that ACTUALLY fit without stupid amounts of camber and a drop...
You actually can fit those race car style, pretty easily. Just look @ f20kills car. He's fit 10 +38 with 255's running like -3 camber all around. (which is NOT "crazy" camber) If you don't want to lower your car that's another issue entirely...Which is fine cause that's your personal preference. If that's your plan then I'd look into wheels that were designed with s2k offsets.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 AM

17X9 SBC + a little rain and a lot of brake dust!

Name:  S2000DealsGap.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  105.2 KB
Old 03-03-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
You actually can fit those race car style, pretty easily. Just look @ f20kills car. He's fit 10 +38 with 255's running like -3 camber all around. (which is NOT "crazy" camber) If you don't want to lower your car that's another issue entirely...Which is fine cause that's your personal preference. If that's your plan then I'd look into wheels that were designed with s2k offsets.
I have no issue dropping the car. I just dont want to sacrifice performance for looks. I noticed a significant decrease in handling when I put in the camber. Please tell me how to make them look and work right because I dont know...
Old 03-03-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by So_Tits
I have no issue dropping the car. I just dont want to sacrifice performance for looks. I noticed a significant decrease in handling when I put in the camber. Please tell me how to make them look and work right because I dont know...
You need to invest in aftermarket suspension, lower your car, and run some negative camber.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:40 PM

lowering the car will result in even more camber and I doubt the minute loss in ride height will make up for the loss of grip with said camber...
Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Tits
What do you mean by "significant decrease in handling?" Did the car push? Oversteer? Does it just rub really bad? How much fender work do you have done? What were your alignment specs exactly? If you want to run un-staggered with a setup like that, then I'd suggest making sure your fenders are rolled, pulled maybe ~5mm, and do all the accompanying work such as relocating the rear bumper bolt, making sure the bumper is trimmed down, etc... You'll also want suspension with square spring rates. If you plan on being primarily a track car, 12k all around works well. If it's all street, ~10k all around should work. Some people like 12k on a street car.

For an S2000, "Race" alignments can include as much as -3 camber all around, and some toe-in on the rear. If you do what's required, and are happy with leaving around .5 - 1 finger gap all around, it can be a very functional setup. There are a bunch of people running your exact setup, but with 255's instead of 245's and they race their car all the time. Make no mistake, it is definitely some work, but it's worth it in the end imo.

I really hope you get it all worked out. If you do, do some and post them so we can see.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
What do you mean by "significant decrease in handling?" Did the car push? Oversteer? Does it just rub really bad? How much fender work do you have done? What were your alignment specs exactly? If you want to run un-staggered with a setup like that, then I'd suggest making sure your fenders are rolled, pulled maybe ~5mm, and do all the accompanying work such as relocating the rear bumper bolt, making sure the bumper is trimmed down, etc... You'll also want suspension with square spring rates. If you plan on being primarily a track car, 12k all around works well. If it's all street, ~10k all around should work. Some people like 12k on a street car.

For an S2000, "Race" alignments can include as much as -3 camber all around, and some toe-in on the rear. If you do what's required, and are happy with leaving around .5 - 1 finger gap all around, it can be a very functional setup. There are a bunch of people running your exact setup, but with 255's instead of 245's and they race their car all the time. Make no mistake, it is definitely some work, but it's worth it in the end imo.

I really hope you get it all worked out. If you do, do some and post them so we can see.
It understeers and oversteers. Im not sure the exact alignment specs, I just put them as far negative as I could while keeping them the same. Im not worried about rolling the fenders, dropping the car, etc. It just seems like it's only going to put in more camber, wear my tires out faster, and reduce my handling even more...

Also, Im running 255's in the rear.

Im not sure I've heard of pulling the fenders...seems like an interesting idea. I'll ask our body shop about it.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly
Just got mine put on! and took some quick pics with the iphone.

specs- 17x9.5 +38 255 all around
alignment- F -2.6 R -2.9 camber
fenders- front and rear pulled and flared by Isaac (Spunky)

For some reason it looks like that front tire would completely destroy that fender when it compresses. 17x9.5 +38 is pretty damn aggressive, but why does the tire poke out so much?