Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 11-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Nov 23 2005, 11:22 PM
whether or not you know they'll fit the S2000
That's going to be the big question for you guys. When it comes in I'll throw it in either Black Nugget's or moparacker's car.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have read this thread about 3 times in the last 2 days..

I have some questions:
I am looking to buy some seats, most likely either Brides or the JIC Magic.
Has anybody tried the JIC Magic seats? They are suede, and super comfortable (just not sure about S2K fitment).
I am considering BrixII for the reclinable Bride.
The S2 is my only car, but I'm young and agile so I think I can live with a bucket. How are buckets to get in/out of the car? How are they on longer trips? Or are most buckets used for track-only cars?

Also, I am 6' and 165lbs, waist 31'' . Considering ZetaIII, ViosIII, ArtisIII, and ExasIII. What are the major differences in these, and which would you recommend for someone of my build and in my position? Thanks and sorry for the noob question!
Old 11-26-2005, 05:17 PM

What is the difference between the ZETA, EXAS, and ARTIS III??? Tees site doesn't say much.
I want a bucket with good support, but without the sides being so high to impair getting in/out.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

New Mugen S1-R Seats and Mugen 5pt Roll Bar, probably cost a bit of cash.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Kel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highrpmek: I believe the Exas III will give you the fit you're looking for. The Exas and Buddy Club probably have similiar fit, only varying in the seat depth, and wing/bolster sizes and padding material.

WyattH: The differences in the 3 seats have to do with seat depth, wing sizes and etc. I have a Spoon bucket seat and it is the most comfortable bucket I've sat in; very comfortable support and seating posture. The longest I've driven is about 4 hours in the seat. Since you are 6', you should take car in selecting a very low seat rail. My experience with Brides is that their rails tend to mount high in our car, dues to the hump that the front mounting points sit in front of. I know that Taitec and Mugen rails sit very low. If possible, you should try out seats that in local member cars.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:11 AM

Hunter - Thank you very much for the tip. I'll try to test a few out, and worst case scenario I'll ask someone on the boards with my build for their opinions and take a gamble. I think it's safe to say I need low rails, but finding the right seat might be harder...
Old 11-27-2005, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnn002,Nov 26 2005, 06:39 PM
New Mugen S1-R Seats and Mugen 5pt Roll Bar, probably cost a bit of cash.
damn those mugen seats are sexy
Old 11-28-2005, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WyattH,Nov 24 2005, 10:23 PM
The S2 is my only car, but I'm young and agile so I think I can live with a bucket. How are buckets to get in/out of the car? How are they on longer trips? Or are most buckets used for track-only cars?
just finished return home trip from thanksgiving. 7hrs saturday, 10 hrs sunday. same previous weekend. still need to perfect a lumbar solution, my seat needed something. If I could get myself the last 1/2" back into the seat, it improved a smidge, but I think a small amount of lumbar was what I really needed. only other slight problem I had was my knees. thigh supports push the legs together enough that having feet on gas and dead pedal can be uncomfortable after a while.

overall, i wasn't more uncomfortable than I would have been with the stock seats, and there is no lingering aches & pains today from the experience.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:28 PM

Anyone have pricing on the new S1-R Mugen seats, I really like them and make take them over the Exas pending price. Thanks in advance and thanks again to HunterEZ, it seems he's done his homework on seats and I'm sure everyone appreciates his input.

Ryan B.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:28 PM

BTW eepr5, you live in Pax River which is very close to me, what seats are in your car right now?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery