Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 03-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

not my01 or my03 but mydori got some ASM . recaro rails and ASM sr6 is-11s ftw!
Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giant Robot
Figure I might contribute to this thread because a lot of people are concerned/curious about the seat belt receptacles working with Recaro Pole Positions.
I looked for nearly a year on a specific type of Recaro Pole Position. Mostly all Recaro dealers in the US had no idea what I was talking about or did not want to import the Pole Position I was looking for. The most knowledgable shop that knew what I was talking about is Griffin Motorwerke (one of the largest Recaro dealers in North America) in Berkeley, CA. Even they cant get the seat I was looking for because Recaro are extremely strict on product allotment.

There are 2 versions:
• FIA
• ABE/TUV

The ones that most everyone here, especially in North America, are familiar with are the FIA. These are FIA certified and are more designed to use with 4/5 pt. harness, hence the small harness hole on the sides of the seat. That's why people are having a hard time fitting the stock receptacle in there without the use of a seat belt extender.

The ones I have are the ABE versions. Designed for street use TUV certified, but NOT FIA certified. These are NOT available in North America and are made for pretty much everywhere else. I bought this off someone who imported it from Germany that were going to go in his Porsche. These are readily available in the UK, Germany, Australia markets. These have larger side holes to accept oem seat belt receptacles just like the oem NSX-R seats. Also, they are slightly wider on the outer shell by 10mm. Another feature is that the headrest padding is a lot thicker than the FIA seats, due to crash testing. FIA headrests are lighter/thinner and assume you are wearing a helmet.

My Recaro Pole Position ABE version.

NSX-R Recaros.

I'm using Recaro side mounts (2nd from left) + Bride RO rails. I have it on the bottom hole in the rear and 2nd bottom from front hole. These sit just about OEM height +/- a few mm. It's a little bit more upright than I would like, so I'd have to adjust the fronts to go up one notch to get the seat a little more reclined. The rears are at the absolute lowest because the sidemount has a little bit of overhang preventing the rear seat to go lower. I can also flip the sidemounts to even go lower in the rear, but that would slightly block the seat belt receptacle. I'm going to experiment a little more with different sidemounts for a lower seating position. I've looked into VAC, Planted, G-Werke, etc. I've got to hit up someone who can get individual Bride seat accessories so I can try out their low 4 piece side mounts.

Any more questions feel free to ask. I'll try and take more pictures soon.
I started the thread below. Any comments about the ABE version in an S2000 would be appreciated.

My link
Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 AM

Hey guys does anyone know if Bride Zeta II's fit without door/compartment rubbing? I've read they don't rub but some say they can't open the compartment.

If it fits, which rails?

Cheers
Old 04-10-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi guys. I have a recaro dc5 that I bolted on using a bride LR rail but I was wondering how they were able to use the stock seat belt buckle. I don't see a provision for a seat buckle like the planted seat brackets.

Any help is greatly appricated.

Thanks !
Old 04-10-2016, 06:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have a Cobra Imola Pro Fit? Pics please!!
Old 04-20-2016, 03:57 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

This seat still holds me super tight while going through Starbucks drive-thru's!

nardi
by fernando.k, on Flickr
Old 04-21-2016, 09:00 AM

today i went to a shop that had the cobra suzuka pro gt and it sat really nice. does anyone knows of this seats fit the s2000?
i am a big guy 6.1 feet (186cm) and 200 lbs (95kg)
Old 05-08-2016, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I borrowed Av8ter's idea and designed my own custom side mounts to attach to modified OEM seat rails. What a PITA this was, but I've very happy with the result. Super solid with OEM adjustment and fitment. Sits about the same height as the BC, which is pretty much as low as it will go since the seat bottom is almost touching the carpet. I don't recommend doing this DIY unless you like drilling a lot of large rivets though!

Looks good Chris. I'm in the middle of figuring out a shape for the side plates that is optimal for both the PP and SPG(achieve the lowest height for both). Plan on trying to have them cut with a water jet the go around.

New seat from Recaro Japan, SP-GIII. I believe the shell the be the same as the US market SP-G, only differing in upholstery. More padding than my previous SP-G and the fabric is a much nice material(suede?). Material and stitch looks Identical the the Bride Japan line of seats.

spgiii2 by Kevin Mayne, on Flickr

spgiii3 by Kevin Mayne, on Flickr
Old 05-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Well i sold my leather recaros with the custom rails since someone offered me enough for them... finally able to get back into the seats i've always loved. Bride Stradia II Sports with Bride LR rails. Sits lower than the pole positions and width is in between the Pole Position and the RSG, so perfect for my 33" waist. The new Bride glitter backs now come in a darker shade...seemingly with more black specks.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Well i sold my leather recaros with the custom rails since someone offered me enough for them... finally able to get back into the seats i've always loved. Bride Stradia II Sports with Bride LR rails. Sits lower than the pole positions and width is in between the Pole Position and the RSG, so perfect for my 33" waist. The new Bride glitter backs now come in a darker shade...seemingly with more black specks.

Sexxxyyyyyy

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery