Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's my setup.

BC rails which have been reinforced, Recaro Profi SPG, and my custom sidemounts for narrow seats (Profi, Sparco Rev, etc).

I can get this seat on the floor .

Aftermarket Seats Gallery-llejmcn.jpg

Aftermarket Seats Gallery-fanideq.jpg

Aftermarket Seats Gallery-dcijy0m.jpg
Old 05-21-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Here's my setup.

BC rails which have been reinforced, Recaro Profi SPG, and my custom sidemounts for narrow seats (Profi, Sparco Rev, etc).

I can get this seat on the floor .

I have one of your custom driver side sidemounts and love them. Comparable to Recaro sidemounts I used to have, but way more adjustability.
Have you ever made a passenger side yet?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:48 PM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

I would say reinforcement welds and custom single piece side mounts (like yours) if you want it to be as sturdy as something like the Ballade rail. The Ballade baseplate essentially just won't allow you to get to the floor in the sense that there is some thickness to the plate itself so you aren't really losing much. The Ballade allows you to go as low as you can and still retain usability of the seat rails. With a narrower seat like the SPG you will be able to go lower than with a Pole Position with the Ballade rails.

I can't really imagine wanting to go lower in a street car. I am about 6'2" and didn't really have issues driving with the stock seats and helmet at the track with soft top up. I am more leg than torso though I think compared to some, and I can definitely understand wanting to be lower with a full cage around my head.

I have sat in the SPG with Nagisa rails as well and you can definitely put the seat on the floor with those rails as well.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

looks good Andrew!

I don't see how some of you tall guys sit in stock seats at all. I just test drove a CR for a buddy of mine and forgot how high stock seats sit. I feel like i'm on a booster seat! And i'm only 5'7" lol
Old 05-23-2014, 05:12 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm 6' tall and can't bear the s2k in the stock seats. I'm more leg than torso as well. I absolutely love the lower seating position I get with my Pole Position. I even have the foam removed from the butt cushion to sit even a tad lower.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by drj5011' timestamp='1400097902' post='23160025
how do you like the ballade rails? Are they as low as buddy clubs? How tall are you? im thinking about switching out my buddy club rails because i feel like they are going to break in half.
With the Pole Position and it's high rear mounting point (high up on the seat compared to other seats). I actually can't go any lower in the rear than the highest mounting point on the rear. (There are 4 on both the front and rear). Luckily with the seat at the top mounting point front and rear the seat height and angle was perfect for me. I am about 6'2". I think you can probably go lower with the Buddy Club rails. but the Ballade rails are TANKS. So incredibly solid. When I get in the seat and try to wiggle around I feel like I am just sitting in a solid part of the car. The seat does not move. At all. It is crazy comparing it to my stock passenger seat.

Good info. I need to try that setup out!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you go all the way back with the ballarde rail?
It's my understanding that you can't with the buddy club? is this true?
Old 06-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mr White
Unless you are in the NBA I am not sure why you would want to slide the seat all the way back. Sliding the stock seat all the way back is very different from sliding a racing bucket all the way back as it is much thinner. I can definitely slide the Recaro far enough back to equal the furthest seating position of the stock seat.

The only issue I have come across with the rail sliding is the seatbelt anchor bolt being right up against the carpet on the center tunnel. That is the only thing keeping the seat from sliding around completely free. But I can still easily get too close or too far from the steering wheel. With a narrower seat there wouldn't be any issues but I can't say it is really much of a problem.

I actually got a shorter seat belt extension installed yesterday so the receptacle is closer to the stock location but fits perfectly through the inside harness hole, and slightly shifted the seat more to the left on the rails so the seat slides even more freely now.

Passenger seat will arrive early next week!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by Mr White' timestamp='1402189633' post='23194455
Unless you are in the NBA I am not sure why you would want to slide the seat all the way back. Sliding the stock seat all the way back is very different from sliding a racing bucket all the way back as it is much thinner. I can definitely slide the Recaro far enough back to equal the furthest seating position of the stock seat...

I've gotten a lot of good info from your posts here, thanks for that!

I'm 6'2 and big, and while I've gotten used to playing hide and seek with the intersection lights and such,I really could use more legroom. In particular, more space between the bottom of the steering wheel and my legs given that heel and toe-ing while turning leads to my hands hitting my legs. Plus I'd feel safer with my head lower in the car (bonus: lower CG!).

Does your setup result in much increase in space between your legs and the wheel?

We drive these same roads and I'm sure we'll see each other one of these nights, so maybe the better question is this: "What are the odds that I could sit in your car?"

If they are non-zero, send me a PM!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:01 PM

Yeah the leg room difference is huge, makes heel/toeing and braking much more straight forward.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery