Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 05-11-2014, 12:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

really nice !
Old 05-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you like the ballade rails? Are they as low as buddy clubs? How tall are you? im thinking about switching out my buddy club rails because i feel like they are going to break in half.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 AM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by drj5011
how do you like the ballade rails? Are they as low as buddy clubs? How tall are you? im thinking about switching out my buddy club rails because i feel like they are going to break in half.
With the Pole Position and it's high rear mounting point (high up on the seat compared to other seats). I actually can't go any lower in the rear than the highest mounting point on the rear. (There are 4 on both the front and rear). Luckily with the seat at the top mounting point front and rear the seat height and angle was perfect for me. I am about 6'2". I think you can probably go lower with the Buddy Club rails. but the Ballade rails are TANKS. So incredibly solid. When I get in the seat and try to wiggle around I feel like I am just sitting in a solid part of the car. The seat does not move. At all. It is crazy comparing it to my stock passenger seat.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by drj5011' timestamp='1400097902' post='23160025
With the Pole Position and it's high rear mounting point (high up on the seat compared to other seats). I actually can't go any lower in the rear than the highest mounting point on the rear. (There are 4 on both the front and rear). Luckily with the seat at the top mounting point front and rear the seat height and angle was perfect for me. I am about 6'2". I think you can probably go lower with the Buddy Club rails. but the Ballade rails are TANKS. So incredibly solid. When I get in the seat and try to wiggle around I feel like I am just sitting in a solid part of the car. The seat does not move. At all. It is crazy comparing it to my stock passenger seat.
Starting to get that feeling that I should ditch the buddy clubs and go for these.

Wish I'd heard of them when I was purchasing my buddy clubs...
Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 PM

They are about twice the price of the Buddy Clubs though. And the shipping is also expensive.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:00 PM

They are about twice the price of the Buddy Clubs though. And the shipping is also expensive.
How much lower would you say when compared to the stock seats?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by whatjones911
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1400194233' post='23161909
How much lower would you say when compared to the stock seats?
Rough estimate I would say 1-2". I am sure I will take the seat out again at some point so I will measure and compared to the stock seat. But just judging by steering wheel position vs. my knees 1-2" is pretty accurate I think.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:15 PM

That's good to know. I think the buddy club set lowers around 1.5", so they are around the same. Definitely will consider the Ballade set once I get the seat.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 PM

I would assume the Buddy Club can go lower than the Ballade honestly. The Ballade rails have the full baseplate in between the seat and the floor, where the buddy club can put the seat on the floor. Unless you are very tall I can't imagine you would want to go much lower than the Ballade allows. The seat you get will also determine how low you can go.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would assume the Buddy Club can go lower than the Ballade honestly. The Ballade rails have the full baseplate in between the seat and the floor, where the buddy club can put the seat on the floor. Unless you are very tall I can't imagine you would want to go much lower than the Ballade allows. The seat you get will also determine how low you can go.
This is correct.

So far I've tried the Planted base plate, the full PCI setup, and the buddy clubs. The Buddy Club is the best option to get the seat at a proper height. I'm only 5'8" - 5'9", and even the PCI mount had the top of my helmet sitting right at the top of the rollbar and almost hitting my hard top.

BC's are the way to go. Just add some reinforcement welds and bob's yer uncle.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery