Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 03-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO IMO IMO, i don't understand why people actually spend money on these cloth-style aftermarket seats when NONE OF THEM look better, fit better, are better quality, or flow better with the leather interior of the car than the OEM seats. its like paying someone to downgrade your car.

Sometimes i wonder if people upgrade things just to say they have an upgrade, or just because it CAN be changed, and not because it actually looks better. Imagine if our cars came with these aftermarket seats from factory- then everybody would probably be buying the present-oem looking seats saying "look at my upgrade" lol
Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

for me, its all about a lower seating position, and the leather makes me sweat like i am in a sauna
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrockB
IMO IMO IMO, i don't understand why people actually spend money on these cloth-style aftermarket seats when NONE OF THEM look better, fit better, are better quality, or flow better with the leather interior of the car than the OEM seats. its like paying someone to downgrade your car.

Sometimes i wonder if people upgrade things just to say they have an upgrade, or just because it CAN be changed, and not because it actually looks better. Imagine if our cars came with these aftermarket seats from factory- then everybody would probably be buying the present-oem looking seats saying "look at my upgrade" lol

Lower seating position. Better support through the twisties. Surprisingly more comfortable for me on long drives. To each their own I guess, right?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BrockB

Say's the guy with the pointless huge turbo on a street car...

Sometimes i wonder if people upgrade things just to say they have an upgrade, or just because it CAN be changed, and not because it actually looks better.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by djdorifto
Originally Posted by BrockB' timestamp='1332101224' post='21520338

Say's the guy with the pointless huge turbo on a street car...

Sometimes i wonder if people upgrade things just to say they have an upgrade, or just because it CAN be changed, and not because it actually looks better.

"pointless turbo??" really?? ive never heard that one before! lol. that doesn't even make logical sense.
I paid money to make my car go faster and thats what it did. Now if i paid money to make my car go slower,
then you would have the same point as mine about the seats, but you don't.
you can obviously do better than that when you're mad at me man. that just sounded stupid. lol

at least the other guys pointed out the lower seating position and the comfort so i can see the logic in that.
that makes sense to get AF seats, but ill never understand it for just getting them for looks, thats all.
but as stated: IMO. thats what these threads are for. don't get mad man. lol be glad.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM

^^^ you make a great point brockB..

Countless times, I have been in the hellaflush thread, seen crazy stanced s2000s in person, and almost all of them have a set of brides or recaros, only to drive slow and not use them. I, too, agree that a lot of people just get aftermarket seats, not because they use them, but just to say they have it. A lot of us track guys would love to have a set to actually use. Meanwhile, most seats just end up at shows looking pretty in hard parked cars...to me, its a shame to spend all that money on something that's useful, only to barely or not use it all.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:43 PM

its "IMO" taking from your very logical sense post you did, so yes it is a very pointless turbo.

why state again what other guys posted? I rather point out your pointless turbo and see you get mad, it's much more fun
Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 PM

Gotta get rid of my stock seats first, but hopefully soon I'll be able to post in here... Until then, I can only dream
Old 03-18-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastS2k
Originally Posted by BrockB' timestamp='1332101224' post='21520338

Lower seating position. Better support through the twisties. Surprisingly more comfortable for me on long drives. To each their own I guess, right?
QFT. Got in my friend's s2000 the other day and yet still not missing the unnecessarily high seating position, non existent support in corners and leather in my climate (either cold as balls or hot as f@#k).

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery