Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 07-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen the S4 Play in a NSX and they look too tall, same as the S2000. Not sure what rails they were using but they definitely looked out of place.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
I have sparco evos with takatas and they are very comfy. Even my girlfriend says she prefers them to a regular seatbelt, that's really saying something there. She's pretty girly and i expected her to bitch when i first got them but she actually likes them better. Anyways, my main point is that comfy and safety do not always go hand in hand. But not only are you compromising your safety without using a 4,5 or 6 point harness with a bucket but your losing the advantage to having a bucket by not being held tightly in place insdide your bucket. Stock seat belts are made for stock seats, and harnesses are made to be used with buckets. I think a lot of people want the look but that's all they are really caring about here. With harnesses you need a roll bar to hook them up correctly and what knot, your looking at a lot of money to do it right. If your gonna do something, do it right, that's where i stand anyways.

It's hard to figure out what is safest on the street once you have a car with bucket seats, roll bar, harnesses, etc. Some could argue that your set up is not ideal (4 point harnesses are not very safe and you will slide into the footwell easily in an accident, 6pt are ideal). Plus, harnesses without a HANS device can be argued as unsafe, as A LOT more strain is placed on your neck when using harnesses without a HANS device- could easily result in neck damage. Harnesses also reduce your visibility on the street, as you can't lean forward to look around cars/etc while pulling out onto streets. Also, having those roll bars above your head without a helmet is very unsafe, for your head and arms. Lastly, not sure that eye bolts for the shoulder straps is ideal (I believe having these wrapped around a bar is best).

Not really trying to prove any points, I'm just throwing that out there.

I have the Hard dog bar, with lowered harness bar, Bride fixed back seats, Schroth 6 points, and Hard Dog C-bar with stock belts properly mounted. On the street, I buckle the lap belts of my harnesses tight, and use the OEM belt. The lap belts keep me in my seats snuggly (since the OEM lap belt doesn't sit snug due to the high side bolsters of my seat), while the diagonal shoulder strap from the OEM belt does it's normal intended job. Running 4/5/6 points on the street isn't always the best option. The way I run my belts makes the most sense to me while driving on the street, and is the best of both worlds. Also, 95% of harnesses are not DOT street legal.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Originally Posted by s2kenv' timestamp='1308120616' post='20683766
[quote name='spunkysandoval' timestamp='1308048289' post='20680228']
[quote name='s4play' timestamp='1306637408' post='20627488']

These are awesome! Makes me really want to redo my seats. What did this custom job run you Rick?
the look of rick's interior is 10x better in person and they feel ultra comfy.
[/quote]

thanks Kev, I drive my s2000 and it MUST BE COMFY!

P.S. I had 4-point seat belts in past cars but it's pretty dumb to be driving around with it daily! You can't even turn your shoulder to look at your blind spot which is dangerous. I admit the stock belts take some work to fit correct but after I had custom brackets made it all works just fine. Just be sure to use Grade 8 bolts.
[/quote]

Ahh, those seats hold a special place in my heart.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM

http://www.uniqueautosports.com/pric...sprintseat.jpg

Just got a sparco sprint, is it possible if i can mount it up to my oem rails from my ap1?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ERICC10
http://www.uniqueautosports.com/pric...sprintseat.jpg

Just got a sparco sprint, is it possible if i can mount it up to my oem rails from my ap1?
No you cannot. I have buddy club rails with my sparcos and honestly if i had to do it all over again i would get the 1 piece rails (and i cannot remember the company name) but they are about 400- each (or 200- used usually), extremely pricey but let me explain. The buddy club rails work great but they are a huge PITA to mount because the bolts on the s2k floor are not parallel and it needs a lot of adjusting to get the seat to slide back and forth smoothly. I got them to work, had to cut and reweld the slider bar to get the seats in the lowest position i wanted (because that hit the bottom of the seat) and now they are honestly great. Just were a bitch at the time, i was about to throw my seat across the shop messing around with this thing. Sparco does make a flat base for the AP1's but i think it's about 120- and you would need the sliders and the seat mounts as well, might be a better way than the $400- rails but your seat will deffinately sit higheer then those ones as well.

Hope this helps and i didn't confuse you too much, If you can keep your cool go with the buddy club, they work great for me, just like i said they were a PITA at the time because they are 2 piece rails
Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 PM

thanks man for your input ill keep that in mind. =)
Old 07-14-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
s2kologist; from what I've been advised the 2006+ Buddy Club Rails will fit your 2007 with Recaro Pole Positions. If you are willing to wait a week, I'm picking up my Pole Position Driver Seat tonight & plan to order my Buddy Club 06+ Rail from Evasive as soon as they open on Monday.

In the near future I plan to swap out my passenger seat as well. Since I have a 2006+ with the SRS System can someone please inform me what ohm resistor I will need in order to prevent the SRS Light from coming on?
Did anyone ever figure out how to do this? I am dying to know.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 AM

I did some searching on the forums and didn't find anything......sorry if beating a dead horse.

I'm not sure how to describe the element of the s2000 seats that dosent hit me right but wondering if this is a known issue. Also wondering if any aftermarket seat addresses this weakness.

I would like to sit deep in the seat with my shoulders and head resting on the seat back/ headrests. I pull the seat all the way back and incline it to the highest position but still my head is not resting against the seat back. Next year i plan on changing to 2005 boxster s+ so i am also wondering if i will find that in one of the seat options in that car.

thanks for any thoughts/ comments
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 AM

anyone got pics of vision imus seats in?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone know if the Nagisa Auto Super Low Seat Rail will work for MY07?

Have heard it's the lowest available and I'd like to mount an F1Spec to it. 6'5 here so I want to drop down as much as I can...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery