Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the Average American which seats are not hip/nut crushers... we aren't all JDM sized..
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by hooptie157,Jan 25 2011, 10:23 AM
For the Average American which seats are not hip/nut crushers... we aren't all JDM sized..
I would recommend Pole Positions.
Loved them and they are super-sized friendly
Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I sat in some Bride Stradia seats the other day. Very nice, and only a little smaller than my Buddy Club P1 XLs.

I then sat in a Recaro SPG, and that's definately a tight fit!

I'm a 34" waist, and not much fat on me, and think they would be uncomfortable after a short while.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM

this thread is killing me with temptation
Old 01-25-2011, 11:30 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RIVAL MACHINE,Dec 28 2010, 09:20 PM
WOW! Really?? a crow bar? why not just get a drill and (egg ball) make the mounting holes on both sides a little wider side ways and then the seat will bolt in with no hassle? (common sense)
And its not commons sense until you see first hand what the exact issue was and it was not a major issue just could not get to it any other way.

I used Mugen rails and the Mugen seats must be straight front to back; the Racetechs have a slight V from back to front.

Only the 4th bolt was off from the factory mounting positions and it was only off by about 1/2 of the bolt width. The crow bar was used to push final bolt location of the rail outwards toward the tranny tunnel. Its hard to get that mounting point when using a fixed back.

SO drilling another hole with a cap nut would just have weakened the mounting location.

+ If I ever decide to go back to stocks seats for a crazy reason I still can because the factory points are intact.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MugenRioS2k,Jan 25 2011, 08:30 PM
And its not commons sense until you see first hand what the exact issue was and it was not a major issue just could not get to it any other way.

I used Mugen rails and the Mugen seats must be straight front to back; the Racetechs have a slight V from back to front.

Only the 4th bolt was off from the factory mounting positions and it was only off by about 1/2 of the bolt width. The crow bar was used to push final bolt location of the rail outwards toward the tranny tunnel. Its hard to get that mounting point when using a fixed back.

SO drilling another hole with a cap nut would just have weakened the mounting location.

+ If I ever decide to go back to stocks seats for a crazy reason I still can because the factory points are intact.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edu_lafabrica,Dec 17 2010, 06:57 AM
New pic of me setup.

Recaro PP?

need moar pix.

edit: i found them a few pages back.

still need more pics of inside.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM

Ok fellas I am struggling and need some help.

I have Buddy Club Racing Spec seats (wide version) and the buddy club rails. I am trying to mount them in a AP1.

I have had zero luck getting them to fit at all. The seats hit the tunnel and the door and the door and the console in the shoulders. I can get the inside rail to line up to the mounting holes but then the seat is crooked and the outer rail is no where near fitting.

Do these seats really fit or not. Just setting the seat in the car with no bracket it hits everywhere. I dont see how its possible.

My next question would be what fits with no BS....just bolts in. Looks like pole positions are a good bet. Anything cheaper?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MB,Jan 25 2011, 11:15 AM
I sat in some Bride Stradia seats the other day. Very nice, and only a little smaller than my Buddy Club P1 XLs.

I then sat in a Recaro SPG, and that's definately a tight fit!

I'm a 34" waist, and not much fat on me, and think they would be uncomfortable after a short while.
I'm also a 34 waist, and the spg fits me great. It takes a couple days to get used to, but now that I am, it's MUCH more comfortable than the stock seats.

My lower back would be a little sore after sitting in the stock seats for more than an hour, but not with the spg. I've also sat in a pole position, and while it is more comfortable and easier to get in/out of, the spgs hold me in a lot better.

It does rub the door panel a little bit, but it's nothing major.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Has anyone tried fitting 996 GT3 seats?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery