Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

**Official non-staggered & meaty tires thread**

Old 10-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

narrow 255s on 17x9s

wish I could find some photos of the car at the RTA event...
Old 10-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driven,Oct 8 2010, 04:58 PM

narrow 255s on 17x9s

wish I could find some photos of the car at the RTA event...

I love that plate. And the car looks clean

ETA: just looked at the pic titles...thought I recognized that road from the Homecoming Banquet drive
Old 10-08-2010, 02:32 PM

For all the haters...look how stretched that 255 is on that 10...

Name:  DSC04390.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  169.5 KB
Old 10-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks,Oct 8 2010, 04:32 PM
For all the haters...look how stretched that 255 is on that 10...

You don't belong in here
Old 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Former Moderator

I'm only going to post this once.

These are the official rules covering all things you do, say or post on this website including forum posts, private messages, calendar events, avatar images, signatures and profile data. This is the definitive list, if in doubt, check here.

Rules

1. S2KI, its Administrators, Moderators and authorized agents, may remove, edit or move any content and/or delete, suspend or permanently bar any account at any time for any reason (or none at all) without notice or explanation.

2. You may not post any content or post links to any content which:
a) is hateful or incites hate against any person or group;
b) threatens harm toward any person, property or group;
c) depicts acts of violence, sexual exploitation or animal cruelty;
d) is a flagrant personal attack;
e) depicts or suggests sexual acts;
f) is knowingly misleading or misrepresentative (an intentional lie);
g) is commercial in nature and in which you stand to profit either directly or indirectly; (1)
h) depicts full or partial nudity or is sexually suggestive and not safe for work (NSFW). (2)

3. You may not post any ad to sell any product or service, new or used (3).

4. You may not post content for which you don't own the copyright without the approval of the person who does.

5. You may not post content which is political in nature or express political ideology or beliefs. This is not the place to post your own Mein Kampf. This includes religious theology and beliefs. (4)

(1) If you wish to post commercial content you must be a sponsor.
(2) Members may post in the member-only "hotties" forum with relaxed standard on the NSFW part but still no nudity.
(3) Members may post non-commercial for-sale ads in specific Marketplace forums. Sales of stolen goods will be reported to the police.
(4) Members may post political and religious topics in the members-only "Politics" forum.

Ok, those are the hard rules. There are some softer ones too which might get you slapped if you don't follow them:

A) Be respectful of others. Please take a few minutes to think about how your message might sound before hitting the submit button;

B) Write in complete sentences with punctuation and reasonably good spelling. Gibberish will likely be removed. If you have trouble with English, please do your best, or post in your native language;

C) Make your topic titles informative. People aren't going to read it if they don't know what it is. It also helps the search engines find your topic;

D) Don't post blind links. Nobody is going to or should follow a blind link to somewhere. At least offer some summary of what lies beyond. Blind links are phishing and will be removed. A blind link is a post with no real content other than a hyperlink.

E) Your posts will probably stay around for years. Please think about how a search engine might find and index them. That means please use good full keywords (rather than abbreviations) which can be properly indexed.

F) Please respect and follow the direction of the moderators. They are unpaid volunteers and don't need attitude.

Thank you and enjoy the community.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Former Moderator

If you can't behave then we'll just make your posts disappear. Got it people?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

with all that said. im still waiting on a hella grip badge
Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Wynn and Sputniks don't mind, they posted perfect pictures to illustrate the benefit of putting a 255 on a 10 vs. a 9.

First is Wynn's car at rest, notice the bulging sidewalls he mentioned.

Next is Wynn's car loaded in a corner. Notice how much flex is on the outside sidewall, imagine what the sidewall on the inside looks like.

And finally Sputniks car, well wheel. Anyone see any similarity in this pic and the Wynn's sidewall in the loaded pic? Looks pretty similar huh. Compare all 3 pics and that's how much sidewall flex you won't have by running a wider wheel.

What does that mean? Quicker transient response, more direct feeling inputs, more tread on the ground, increased tread width, more mechanical grip. The suspension will be doing more of the work instead of the tire taking some of it. You won't feel the car taking a "set" as the tires load, because that flex isn't there

The downsides? Well decreased comfort since the squishy sidewalls aren't there to absorb bumps. Increased weight from running a wider wheel. Wheel isn't as protected from curb rash

They are worthy tradeoffs IMHO for the performance benefits you gain.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And nobody has argued that. But it's still slower than a 275, which fits on the car, and fit just peachy on the wheels. And isn't even the slight bit stretched that Sputniks rears are. You're intentionally skating the point.

And for the record, I wasn't attacking you Sputnik. I didn't see what you spouted off about earlier, but you stated specifically that you weren't happy with the 10s in the back in your first post, and I took that at face value.

AP2-2NV, I was being deliberately course as a joke. I guess the humor didn't transmute the interwebs, but whether you took it as a joke or not is kind of irrelevant, as this *remains* the Fat Tires thread, i.e. the No Stretch thread, i.e. I don't think you're going to find anybody that agrees that running less tire than you can fit on a wheel without looking silly is cool.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:19 AM

Part of the post that was deleted mentioned that I'm running the +52's on the rear - so, no, a 275 won't fit without heavy modification.