Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

**Official non-staggered & meaty tires thread**

Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, who want's to part ways with their nt03s?? I know I've seen some around here
Old 08-14-2013, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed on a lot of people's setups in this thread (like LoneStar230Z above), they have front wheel fitment where the tire is very flush to the fender. It seems like the most common way is to have the front be slightly less flush in comparison to what can be done in the rear, to account for steering and whatnot?

Do you guys really not get any rubbing at full lock or turning and going over small bumps in the road? I like it when the front tire is also completely flush to the fender... but I had a Miata in the past with this kind of fitment, and it ripped outwards the rolled lip from the fender while I was just backing out my driveway
Old 08-14-2013, 10:15 PM

It has a lot to do with finding the perfect ride height, the right camber, and tiny bit pull on the front fenders. I also had to do the rear bumper tab relocation since the rears rubbed.

Other than that, I can't believe it doesn't rub much either, especially on some of the rougher roads out here. I'm more likely to scrape my front bumper than get tire rub.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

18x9.5+28 CE28's Formula limited with Advan AD08 255/35/18

Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by trunger

Hmm same size/offset as mine but mine look way more concave <_< weird... I run a 10mm spacer out back also making it +18 -2.5 camber front and -3.5 camber rear... I'm on OEM fenders without rubbing... How much clearance do you have on those fenders? Was thinking about picking some up... But then again if your barely able to fit that size/offset why would i bother to get new overfender... Just trying to get an idea of your clearance, i was considering your setup...
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ericsworld
I noticed on a lot of people's setups in this thread (like LoneStar230Z above), they have front wheel fitment where the tire is very flush to the fender. It seems like the most common way is to have the front be slightly less flush in comparison to what can be done in the rear, to account for steering and whatnot?

Do you guys really not get any rubbing at full lock or turning and going over small bumps in the road? I like it when the front tire is also completely flush to the fender... but I had a Miata in the past with this kind of fitment, and it ripped outwards the rolled lip from the fender while I was just backing out my driveway
Miata's have a macpherson strut front suspension... S2000's have a double wishbone... VERY DIFFERENT. I'll explain, a double wishbone will camber in (negative camber) as you get suspension compression and camber outward (positive camber) during re-bound. So if we go over a bump or back down your driveway our wheel will camber inward to offer more clearance. Your miata... well it just makes a plane vertical movement which will contact the fender if it gets close enough...
Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by F20AP1
Originally Posted by Ericsworld' timestamp='1376546088' post='22725311

Miata's have a macpherson strut front suspension... S2000's have a double wishbone... VERY DIFFERENT. I'll explain, a double wishbone will camber in (negative camber) as you get suspension compression and camber outward (positive camber) during re-bound. So if we go over a bump or back down your driveway our wheel will camber inward to offer more clearance. Your miata... well it just makes a plane vertical movement which will contact the fender if it gets close enough...
No sir, Miatas actually come with double wishbone suspension as well. I think you might be referring to live-axle suspensions in regards to the zero-camber change under compression/rebound. I'm not too familiar with MacPherson suspensions, but I believe they change camber as well through their range of motion.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ericsworld
Originally Posted by F20AP1' timestamp='1376589419' post='22726309
[quote name='Ericsworld' timestamp='1376546088' post='22725311']

No sir, Miatas actually come with double wishbone suspension as well. I think you might be referring to live-axle suspensions in regards to the zero-camber change under compression/rebound. I'm not too familiar with MacPherson suspensions, but I believe they change camber as well through their range of motion.
[/quote]

Oh wow! Actually you are clearly right, for some reason i thought they were using macpherson front suspensions... My bad and my previous statement should be nullified... Looks like I spoke before I actually looked at a miatas suspension design... I had assumed they were using macpherson strut... Clearly I was wrong. Maybe the amount of camber in which we generate is to a greater degree as opposed to that of the miatas? Differing arm lengths could change that to a greater degree... That would be my assumption... But then again that's just my assumption haha!

P.S Thank you for correcting me...
Old 08-15-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F20AP1
Originally Posted by trunger' timestamp='1376551053' post='22725360

Hmm same size/offset as mine but mine look way more concave <_< weird... I run a 10mm spacer out back also making it +18 -2.5 camber front and -3.5 camber rear... I'm on OEM fenders without rubbing... How much clearance do you have on those fenders? Was thinking about picking some up... But then again if your barely able to fit that size/offset why would i bother to get new overfender... Just trying to get an idea of your clearance, i was considering your setup...
the reason why i am running over fender was, i dont want to run such aggressive camber i only want to be at -3 maximum.
for the front fenders i have tons of room, theres lots of space,
Old 08-17-2013, 04:18 PM

Flexin' in the pits.