Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

**Official non-staggered & meaty tires thread**

Old 08-03-2012, 07:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Internet
There's nothing wrong with his setup, it looks good, it just doesn't belong in this thread.
It'd be the same if someone posted a picture of their SSM in the official black S2k thread because it's an S, so it's close enough...
People have been posting staggered setups here the whole time. The spirit of the thread is functional setups with meaty tires and when the Hellaflush thread is already like 20x the size of this one do we really need to be so specific and shrink the thread?

Originally Posted by dt07si
I have followed this thread ever since Pete created it a couple years ago and several people have posted their staggered setups with meaty tires. If you guys are going to be picky about it that's cool I'll post my photos elsewhere... Btw, where are your cars?
Don't stop posting here, the last thing s2ki needs is for nice, functional setups to get less attention.

Since it's a picture thread, here's my setup (may have posted this pic before).

Standard RPF1 sizes.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the OP had a specific request, and because other people can't follow instructions, that makes it okay? There's been tons of people who have stolen, so I guess it's okay for me to do the same, huh?
It makes it frustrating for people who are interested in a specific setup to come in and see something like that and be mislead. If someone was looking to set their car up with a non staggered setup (perhaps for the track), and they wanted to make sure it looked good and was possible within their specifications, how does a staggered setup help them? My roommate scours these forums, and I'm sure he's not alone, but if he was looking for something specific, it's people with your mindset that make it difficult to find that info when they have to weed through tons of unrelated material.

And I have posted my car in here before, but not much has changed since I posted it, so why should I flood this thread? No sense in being a post whore. Why isn't your build thread good enough for these pictures?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Ings bumper looks great!

Stoptech BBK always looks great!

ohGene's car looks good...S2000s always look good at the track!

I kind of agree that there is nothing wrong with straying a bit from original topic and posting nice staggered setups with meaty tires. It would be nice if the posters would list out their wheel and tire size for every post, even though they have done it before, because the other purpose of the post is to see what works and what doesn't...just my .02. Plus those Advan RZs just look so damn good...
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be posting pics here soon...
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM

When I am driving my s2k with 255s all around, only I can feel it being non-staggered and no one else from outside notices it much. BUT everytime I am parking/backing up etc and my friends are outside they complement it. hahah Nothing sexier than wide ass front tires when the steering wheel is turned. They look AWESHOME
Old 08-03-2012, 09:40 AM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Performance Rush
It would be nice if the posters would list out their wheel and tire size for every post, even though they have done it before, because the other purpose of the post is to see what works and what doesn't.
I really hope that one day this becomes common forum etiquette. It's so beneficial to have all of that information readily avaliable and in the same post as the pictures that are visually demonstrating how those specs look and fit in the real world.

Hell, camber settings and approximate ride heights are hugely valuable pieces of information as well. If people have those it would be nice to have them included as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Internet
No, the OP had a specific request, and because other people can't follow instructions, that makes it okay? There's been tons of people who have stolen, so I guess it's okay for me to do the same, huh?
It makes it frustrating for people who are interested in a specific setup to come in and see something like that and be mislead. If someone was looking to set their car up with a non staggered setup (perhaps for the track), and they wanted to make sure it looked good and was possible within their specifications, how does a staggered setup help them? My roommate scours these forums, and I'm sure he's not alone, but if he was looking for something specific, it's people with your mindset that make it difficult to find that info when they have to weed through tons of unrelated material.

And I have posted my car in here before, but not much has changed since I posted it, so why should I flood this thread? No sense in being a post whore. Why isn't your build thread good enough for these pictures?
This thread has evolved and you are too thick headed to accept it. Many people including the OP have posted their staggered setups in this thread over the years without any question as long as it was a functional setup with full size tires. Your analogies are a joke and have no relevance to the content of this thread.

So if my posts were so misleading how did you know my setup was staggered? Oh that's right! I have included my wheels specs in previous posts and answered numerous PM's to help others with their cars. But just in case you and your roommate are still confused...

*** Disclaimer for "The Internet" ***

This is a STAGGERED setup

- Fronts -
Wheels: 17x8.5 +45 w/ 235/40/17
Camber: -2.9
Body Work: The two frontward most fender liner tabs have been cut off the fenders, the front fender liners have been trimmed, and the inner fender lip has been completely flattened and the fenders have been slightly flared and re-painted.

- Rears -
Wheels: 17x9 +45 w/ 255/40/17
Camber: -3.3
Body Work: The rear bumper to quarter connection has been relocated further back with a new self tapping screw and the original mounting tab has been cut off the bumper and rear qtr. panels. The inner lip of the rear qtr. panels has been completely flattened with a hammer and dolly and the qtr's have been slightly flared and repainted.

I am here to learn, share my car/experience, and help where I can.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Internet' timestamp='1344013344' post='21910985

This thread has evolved and you are too thick headed to accept it. Many people including the OP have posted their staggered setups in this thread over the years without any question as long as it was a functional setup with full size tires. Your analogies are a joke and have no relevance to the content of this thread.

So if my posts were so misleading how did you know my setup was staggered? Oh that's right! I have included my wheels specs in previous posts and answered numerous PM's to help others with their cars. But just in case you and your roommate are still confused...

- Fronts -
Body Work: The two frontward most fender liner tabs have been cut off the fenders, the front fender liners have been trimmed, and the inner fender lip has been completely flattened and the fenders have been slightly flared and re-painted.

- Rears -
Body Work: The rear bumper to quarter connection has been relocated further back with a new self tapping screw and the original mounting tab has been cut off the bumper and rear qtr. panels. The inner lip of the rear qtr. panels has been completely flattened with a hammer and dolly and the qtr's have been slightly flared and repainted.

car look good bro. keep it up...
Old 08-03-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dt07si, why are you posting your STAGGERED setup in the NONstaggered thread, can't you follow the "rules"? Hahahahaha just messing with you! Clean car, keep up the good work.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Internet' timestamp='1344013344' post='21910985

- Fronts -

- Rears -

I like how you call me thick-headed when you can't follow a simple set of instructions. Oh, and how you tried to put words in my mouth, where did I say your posts were misleading? I said they don't belong in this thread. And I said that somebody might be browsing through here and be mislead. Say somebody joins this forum today, and decides they are going to begin tracking their car. They want a meaty setup on a non-staggered platform for handling reasons. They also want to be able to rotate their tires. So they're going to come in here and read all 38 pages (or whatever it is, I have mine set to 100 posts per page)? Probably not. Chances are, they are going to browse quickly through the photos and stop at ones that catch their eye, such as yours. As I said, do you know how frustrating that might be for somebody? You're not getting that all you're doing is making it more difficult to weed through posts that are unrelated. And maybe you're just one guy, so whatever, not that big of a deal, but now everyone starts doing it, and this thread just turns into the Right Now thread. Oh, but who cares, as long as you can whore out your car? SMH...

And why are my analogies a joke? Because they're spot on? Oh... right... shoot, you got me. And how did I know your setup was staggered? Because I followed your build thread, which I mentioned previously (where you're posting the same pictures... so why are they being posted everywhere?). That, and you posted this when you first posted your car:
Here's a shot of my S... staggered setup but I like my full size tires
You are getting defensive and thinking I'm hating on your car even though I even said it looked good. Why is it so hard for you to simply post and promote your car in your thread, or hell, even start a staggered thread for the same reason this one is started. Is the S community really that lazy?