Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Your reaction to a tailgater...

Old 04-11-2011 | 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am getting old, so i usually just continue my way at the posted speed
Old 04-11-2011 | 11:39 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

I never said it was safe, legal or easy. Just passing it on. BTW I believe he was in a convertible, something every S driver on this board should have figured out. But I wasn't there, it was years ago, and I can't prove ever happened. But knowing my uncle, I think it did.
Old 04-11-2011 | 11:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mxt_77
Originally Posted by EastS2k' timestamp='1302465637' post='20450361
I was doing about 80 in the left lane on the highway, only a few cars on the road - both the middle and the right lane parallel to me were open,
GTFO of the left lane. The left lane is for passing only, not for people to camp out in because their feeble brain can't handle the concept of changing lanes properly. I just wish cops would enforce that law more.

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX
I'm not an 18 wheeler clogging the left lane at 65 mph, I am under the impression 18 wheelers aren't allowed to be in the left lane, but oh well.
Nah, there are only a few places where that is a law (in TX, not sure about other states). Obviously that won't be the case where the freeway is only 2 lanes, but even in places where it is 3-4 lanes, it's still only the case when there is a posted sign that says that trucks are not allowed in the left lane. It's always a good time when you're cruising down the freeway and get stuck behind 2 trucks next to each other, with one driving 65mph, and the other blazing past him at 65.0000001mph.
Are you serious right now? you are a troll and I will feed you just because you need a lesson in humility. Last time I checked this wasn't the autobahn and the left lane is not a race way for you to play on, I choose to do 80 on it and so do most other people, don't like it then gtfo.
Old 04-11-2011 | 11:51 AM

Couple things.

Slower traffic keep right. It's actually a law in most states.

Keep right unless passing. Also, usually a law.

Both are rules you should follow regardless of the law in your area, because if everyone followed those simple rules traffic would move faster and we would all be happier.

Just sayin'.
Old 04-11-2011 | 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by JmanS2k' timestamp='1302462386' post='20450226
[quote name='whiteflash' timestamp='1302430041' post='20449407']
[quote name='JmanS2k' timestamp='1302411527' post='20449089']
How did he shoot the radiator if he was driving and the guy was behind him?
Roll down the window . . . . . . . . .
Well no shit but, shooting backwards while driving? Not exactly the safest thing to do.
[/quote]

Forgive me for being naive, I'm no gunslinger. But the last time I shot a 9mm, and mini m14 I came to a rational conclusion... shooting out of a car in any direction isn't really the safest thing to do.
[/quote]

It's safe if performed under safe conditions under professional supervision. I've practiced some shoot/driving drills and let me tell you it's a lot harder than people make it look in movies. Law-enforcement does similar drills all the time. However, shooting backwards WHILE driving forwards on a public road isn't just unsafe...it's flat out stupid. That rifle that turns corners is awesome though lol.
Old 04-11-2011 | 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna
Couple things.

Slower traffic keep right. It's actually a law in most states.

Keep right unless passing. Also, usually a law.

Both are rules you should follow regardless of the law in your area, because if everyone followed those simple rules traffic would move faster and we would all be happier.

Just sayin'.
Exactly this.

Drive at a speed you're comfortable with. In the right-most lane possible.
Old 04-11-2011 | 05:05 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

I usually just lean out the window with my shotgun ala 'Road Warrior' style and start blasting.
Old 04-11-2011 | 06:27 PM

When someone is riding my bumper I like to wash my windshield and give them a nice spray They usually get pissed, its awesome!
Old 04-11-2011 | 07:17 PM

Fun thread, I rarely get tailgated. If they tailgate, I move. If they tailgate me on a 2lane road and refuse to pass, I'll signal left, then slow down in the left lane (oncoming traffic), then get behind them and continue on my merry way. They typically think you're gonna turn, so they pass, but if you just hop in the left lane and brake, they brake too. Effin idiots.

If they manage to piss me off...I profile the car/driver and decide if they have a high enough insurance to pay for my next couple years of college, and while I'm pondering this, a dog runs out in the road. Man, I sure am glad the S2k has better brakes then everything behind me. Same thing for people who I look at, and just KNOW they are going to come into my lane without seeing me.

edit: Btw, if someone rear ends me, it isn't exactly hard to prove that they didn't see something run out in front of me, because if they were in fact paying attention, then they would have seen me brake or swerve, if they admit they couldn't stop in time, then they were following too close. Either way they are at fault. Oh, and I'm not saying this to the officer, my lawyer is. God damn I love my lawyer.
Old 04-12-2011 | 06:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EastS2k
Originally Posted by mxt_77' timestamp='1302528325' post='20452311
[quote name='EastS2k' timestamp='1302465637' post='20450361']I was doing about 80 in the left lane on the highway, only a few cars on the road - both the middle and the right lane parallel to me were open,
GTFO of the left lane. The left lane is for passing only, not for people to camp out in because their feeble brain can't handle the concept of changing lanes properly. I just wish cops would enforce that law more.
Are you serious right now? you are a troll and I will feed you just because you need a lesson in humility. Last time I checked this wasn't the autobahn and the left lane is not a race way for you to play on, I choose to do 80 on it and so do most other people, don't like it then gtfo.
[/quote]
Yep... I'm quite serious, and I have no idea how you think you're offering me a lesson in humility when you are the one in the wrong (as also confirmed by several people that posted after me). On a freeway, contrary to your strongly-held beliefs, the Left lane is not the "lazy, inconsiderate prick" lane. It's the Passing lane. If you're not passing, you shouldn't be in it. I don't care if you're going 80, 30 or 120. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that was why the cop was tailing you. He also realized that you were unaware that the left lane is not the "lazy, inconsiderate prick" lane, so he provided a subtle hint that coerced you to move out of that lane.

Not sure about your location, but here in TX there are even posted signs that state this as law. Of course, if you're in the UK, Japan or some other RHD locale, please accept my apologies.

Quick Reply: Your reaction to a tailgater...