Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Your reaction to a tailgater...

Old 04-10-2011 | 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05BBs2k
I really hate when people think that the space i leave between me and the car in front of me is for them to move into.
THIS.

That space is left intentionally for safety purposes, and folks just like to merge into it right away, tailgating the person in front of you/them, thereby taking a relatively safe situation and turning it into a possible disaster. All to pass the BMW in front of them making 'em jealous. Blah..
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by JmanS2k' timestamp='1302411527' post='20449089
How did he shoot the radiator if he was driving and the guy was behind him?
Roll down the window . . . . . . . . .
Well no shit but, shooting backwards while driving? Not exactly the safest thing to do.
Old 04-10-2011 | 12:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

What would you guys do if you got tail gated by a police officer?

Happened to me a couple of month ago, I was doing about 80 in the left lane on the highway, only a few cars on the road - both the middle and the right lane parallel to me were open, I spot a state trooper hauling in the middle lane at a high velocity with no emergency lights. I just stayed in my lane and was perplexed when he matched the speed next to me slowed down and got right on my tail within a foot of my bumper... not even enough distance to run my plates!!! I was still doing 80 on cruise control, after a little bit I got out of his way and he merged on to my tail again, at this point I was freaking out... finally he took the next exit...

I will always wonder WTF?
Old 04-10-2011 | 03:43 PM

I get out of the way if someone's tailgating me (left lane) or I maintain my speed and distance when there's a car in front of me. I don't want to brake check and get rear ended, potentially causing bigger accidents. Just let the idiot get in front of you, that's where they belong....
Old 04-10-2011 | 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mxt_77
Originally Posted by BlackBearTX' timestamp='1302121465' post='20437229
You can't expect anyone to know the road laws, I always travel in the left lane on the highway to avoid having to tail someone and get more rock chips
Haha... was the 2nd part of your sentence supporting evidence of your claim in the first part? LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY. There are even signs for it... you don't even have to already know the law.

There's nothing I hate more than the guy that gets on the freeway and immediately crosses 3 lanes just to camp in the far left lane and drive 2mph under the speed limit just so they can talk on their phone and not have to pay attention to any traffic around them.
Nah I do actually pass. My cruising speed in Texas is usually 12-13 over because cops don't seem to ever mind that in the left lane if you come up on a speed trap, the rest of the highway is usually going 6-8 over, if someone gets on my tail I move over ASAP to yield and let them pass because they want to be my speed shield and go 16-22 over.
I'm not an 18 wheeler clogging the left lane at 65 mph, I am under the impression 18 wheelers aren't allowed to be in the left lane, but oh well.
Old 04-10-2011 | 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by viNz86
On that note, do you guys block people in? I kind of enjoy it...(terrible i know, so I limit it) especially when someone is driving really aggressively and you sloooowly close the gap without being too obvious. I'm sure some of you guys do that too
All the time, I love a good trolling, usually when I see people trying to be aggressive as hell in traffic, I always end up ahead of them, but what makes me cock block them is watching them swerve lane to lane with no turn signal, I'm like the character in Shoot 'Em Up, people who don't turn signal annoy me, so I just go and cock block them and match the speed traffic is going so they are trapped by me and 2 cars as they try to cut me off with no turn signal, the second they enable the turn signal, they can have their dinner, and have seconds too.
Old 04-10-2011 | 06:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EastS2k
What would you guys do if you got tail gated by a police officer?

Happened to me a couple of month ago, I was doing about 80 in the left lane on the highway, only a few cars on the road - both the middle and the right lane parallel to me were open, I spot a state trooper hauling in the middle lane at a high velocity with no emergency lights. I just stayed in my lane and was perplexed when he matched the speed next to me slowed down and got right on my tail within a foot of my bumper... not even enough distance to run my plates!!! I was still doing 80 on cruise control, after a little bit I got out of his way and he merged on to my tail again, at this point I was freaking out... finally he took the next exit...

I will always wonder WTF?
hes running your plate. and taunting you, hoping you do something to allow him to tax you for it.
Old 04-11-2011 | 05:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EastS2k
I was doing about 80 in the left lane on the highway, only a few cars on the road - both the middle and the right lane parallel to me were open,
GTFO of the left lane. The left lane is for passing only, not for people to camp out in because their feeble brain can't handle the concept of changing lanes properly. I just wish cops would enforce that law more.

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX
I'm not an 18 wheeler clogging the left lane at 65 mph, I am under the impression 18 wheelers aren't allowed to be in the left lane, but oh well.
Nah, there are only a few places where that is a law (in TX, not sure about other states). Obviously that won't be the case where the freeway is only 2 lanes, but even in places where it is 3-4 lanes, it's still only the case when there is a posted sign that says that trucks are not allowed in the left lane. It's always a good time when you're cruising down the freeway and get stuck behind 2 trucks next to each other, with one driving 65mph, and the other blazing past him at 65.0000001mph.
Old 04-11-2011 | 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by JmanS2k
Originally Posted by whiteflash' timestamp='1302430041' post='20449407
[quote name='JmanS2k' timestamp='1302411527' post='20449089']
Well no shit but, shooting backwards while driving? Not exactly the safest thing to do.
[/quote]

I would use this

Old 04-11-2011 | 09:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JmanS2k
Originally Posted by whiteflash' timestamp='1302430041' post='20449407
[quote name='JmanS2k' timestamp='1302411527' post='20449089']
[/quote]

Forgive me for being naive, I'm no gunslinger. But the last time I shot a 9mm, and mini m14 I came to a rational conclusion... shooting out of a car in any direction isn't really the safest thing to do.

Quick Reply: Your reaction to a tailgater...