Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Your reaction to a tailgater...

Old 04-05-2011 | 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can almost guarantee that shining a light into his car will further his douchebagery.
And will almost have him get closer and flip up his hi-beams.
and then pull up beside you and start a WTF cussing match.
Old 04-05-2011 | 02:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by senor_flojo
I quit
I'll smoke 4 later; one for Mr. E, one for Flojo, one for Nate Dogg, and one for me.
Old 04-05-2011 | 02:43 PM

From: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

see, a lot of you guys have harsher gun laws than Texas does. I really don't want to agitate someone who has a handgun in the glove box....
Old 04-05-2011 | 04:11 PM

I usually ignore it, but if they persist I brake hard, scaring the living crap out of them. And if they decide to get rowdy, I carry an expandable baton with me.. that'll do.
Old 04-05-2011 | 04:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do the 2nd gear downshift. Sudden deceleration, no brake lights. Gets 'em every time. I got a guy in his Mercedes SUV the other day just as he was taking a sip of his coffee. That was classic!

When I had the S2000, I especially hated tailgaters because it had such a short tail. So, if they're 4 feet off your bumper, then they're only 6 feet from the back of your head... at 50-60mph. Especially intimidating if it's a jacked up 4x4 or SUV where all you see are their headlights and grill in your rearview mirror.
Old 04-05-2011 | 04:21 PM

Most of the time thats just the way people drive....unless you did something to provoke them. So what I do if they're are unreasonably close is give a good quick slam on my brakes to wake them up and let them know to back off. I don't think I have ever had anyone get pissed at me, rather surprised because again most of the time it's just the way people drive-not paying attention.
Old 04-05-2011 | 04:27 PM

I've had the opposite happen. I pulled out one night and found myself behind a drunk, driving 20mph in a 35mph zone in an H3. I wasn't tailgating him. After a few seconds behind him he starts swerving and brake checking me to the point he almost stopped. When we finally get to the intersection I sped up to pass him and get into the turning lane. Well he decided he wanted to cut me off and get into the turning lane too, so he did. I finally had had it and gave him both the horn and the finger. And so then he gets out...fat drunk redneck, cut off t-shirt, and he was a Tennessee fan lol. I had my windows down as he approached my car. He was mouthing something about how he was going to smash my skull in. I didn't say anything, I just stared at him. He came a little closer to my window, stopped, turned around, and jumped back in his car, and peeled off. Not sure why, could have been that the light was green...or that I had a Glock in my hand. I don't f@#k with road rage.
Old 04-05-2011 | 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could just get out of the way. It's really not that big of a deal and that's what you should have done in the first place instead of holding up traffic. Common courtesy.
Old 04-05-2011 | 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by clawhammer
Or you could just get out of the way. It's really not that big of a deal and that's what you should have done in the first place instead of holding up traffic. Common courtesy.
hmmm.....you must be one that tailgates everyone's ass. did you think that maybe we aren't holding up traffic, just that we were driving sane...and just had an asshole stuck behind us....
Old 04-05-2011 | 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAs2k402
Most of the time thats just the way people drive....unless you did something to provoke them. So what I do if they're are unreasonably close is give a good quick slam on my brakes to wake them up and let them know to back off. I don't think I have ever had anyone get pissed at me, rather surprised because again most of the time it's just the way people drive-not paying attention.
Yeah brake checking is kind of illegal, that's why you downshift to avoid doing something illegal.
No brake lights = legal, not at fault in accident.

Quick Reply: Your reaction to a tailgater...