Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Your reaction to a tailgater...

Old 04-12-2011 | 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit NOS!
Old 04-13-2011 | 08:13 AM

What happens if a Cop cuts you off with a stealthy last second blinker and squeeze in dick move...
Do you
A) slow down let him in.. mutter to yourself and carry on.
B) speed up don't let him pass you and flip your finger and honk at the same time.
Old 04-13-2011 | 08:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SmeeKs
When someone is riding my bumper I like to wash my windshield and give them a nice spray They usually get pissed, its awesome!
omg...I took this one step further in my first car, 89 camry. I disconnected one off the windshield washer hoses and installed a modified basketball pump needle. I wedge it in between the passenger headlights so it was invisible. I could squirt water at people (mainly friends haha), of course no one harmed.

on topic:

one time I was driving the same speed as traffic in the left lane and a guy in a van was tailing me downhill really close. I had no where to go, cars boxed me to my right, and cars in front of me. Driver decides to overtake oncoming traffic and cut back into my lane 2 cars ahead almost clipping a raised median.

now it gets interesting, he comes out of the car and pulls out a bat. He doesn't know that i was with 5 of my buddies in different cars so of course we all went out to see what's happening?? We exchange words and tell him to **** off and walk away from the situation. He was taking swings at us but missed everything. We were going to defend ourselves, but we saw a wife and new born kid in the car crying . It was worst road rage i've encountered (no one got hurt, we walked away from it). Can't believe he'd do taht to his family!!!
Old 04-13-2011 | 08:44 AM

^ Hahahaha
That reminds me of when a guy in a van blew a stop sign when it was my turn to go.
We exchange words at red light.. Lots of F bombs and gestures of Im going to rip your head off...

Oh did i mention his wife was in passenger seat, and 4 kids in the back of the van.. all of them with their eyes and mouth wide open?
Old 04-13-2011 | 08:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^intersection stories hhahaah...good times - had my fair share.

I've done this before it works like a charm

and to answer your question, i'd probably do A)
Old 04-14-2011 | 05:54 AM

This is how you deal with asshole going slow in the left lane.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOJJzMDHjI[/media]
Old 04-14-2011 | 08:04 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

That cop definitely handled that the way it should be done (tailgating aside, of course). I wish cops would ticket for left lane travel (holding up traffic) more often!
Old 04-14-2011 | 08:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-16-2011 | 09:30 AM

Change lanes (if possible), hit brakes, fall in behind the tailgater, draft, gain MPG's, win. Its the top gun maneuver.
Old 04-17-2011 | 05:44 AM

Obviously I don't recommend doing it on purpose, but the beauty is if they hit you they have absolutely no recourse. When you rear-end someone, it's 99% of the time going to be cited as your fault, because there's no excuse you couldn't stop in time unless you were following too closely. I personally use the slow down method, just because it's not worth getting aggressive. Too many crazies on the road with weapons or who will try to damage your car by throwing something at it.

Quick Reply: Your reaction to a tailgater...