Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Your reaction to a tailgater...

Old 04-05-2011 | 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your reaction to a tailgater...

It doesn't happen to me very often but this morning an Odyssey minivan was literally on my ass (1-2 feet) for a good 1/4 mile so I slowed down to below the speed limit and he was still on my ass. We hit a stop sign so I got out of my car and I had a few harsh words with this jerkoff. Some people just drive close to your rear but this guy was literally on my bumper. How do you guys usually handle these dipshits?
Old 04-05-2011 | 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just let off the gas. If I have to come to a stop...I will. Eventually after driving about 20mph in a 55 will get them to move. I hate tailgaters!
Old 04-05-2011 | 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boost-Me
I just let off the gas. If I have to come to a stop...I will. Eventually after driving about 20mph in a 55 will get them to move. I hate tailgaters!
There was one time some guys were doing it to me on purpose and have no clue why. I slowed down to about 15mph in a 40 for a while and they stayed there. They followed me for a while and I could see big grins on their faces so it started to pissed me off. I even changed lanes and they stayed right there with me. Eventually I got up to a stop sign going to turn right so I burned some rubber, threw gravel on their truck, and vtec'd the hell out of there. Didn't see them again.
Old 04-05-2011 | 12:52 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k
Originally Posted by Boost-Me' timestamp='1302033714' post='20432485
There was one time some guys were doing it to me on purpose and have no clue why. I slowed down to about 15mph in a 40 for a while and they stayed there. They followed me for a while and I could see big grins on their faces so it started to pissed me off. I even changed lanes and they stayed right there with me. Eventually I got up to a stop sign going to turn right so I burned some rubber, threw gravel on their truck, and vtec'd the hell out of there. Didn't see them again.
I hit the brakes until they back off.
Old 04-05-2011 | 01:18 PM

i ignore them for a while and give them time to change lanes, then i either downshift like 2 gears so they dont see brake lights and then they almost rear end me (twice now this has caused the tailgater to drive off of the road. hilarious to watch in the rear view), sometimes if i happen to have change ill flip a penny up with my thumb so they dont see where it comes from, if its dark out ill let them pass then get behind them and turn on my high beams for a while.
Old 04-05-2011 | 01:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You got out of your car to have a few harsh words because a minivan was in your personal space? Who's the dipshit again?
Old 04-05-2011 | 01:36 PM

I call my mom.
Old 04-05-2011 | 01:45 PM

From: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Originally Posted by whiteflash
You got out of your car to have a few harsh words because a minivan was in your personal space? Who's the dipshit again?

usually I just say shit to myself, but provoking them is just setting yourself up for road rage.
Old 04-05-2011 | 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Last time I checked tailgating is against the law so that automatically makes them the dipshit. If i'm worried someone is about to run into the back of my car for being a jackass, I will let them know about it if they keep up their crap, especially when they do it on purpose.

Then again I can be an asshole so my opinion doesnt matter .
Old 04-05-2011 | 02:12 PM

I change lanes... Roll down driver side window and give them the to pass.
That's how they do it in lapping events, no?
Obviously the car tailgating you is far superior than yours, so let them pass so they can achieve their fastest time to their destination

Quick Reply: Your reaction to a tailgater...