Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

You guys are being smacked talked by some clueless 350Z owners!

Old 04-03-2003, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem. I really love the S2K, I think it's a great car. I actually went in to buy one about a month before I ordered my Z. I guess I just have a weird shaped body because even though 6'2" tall isn't supposed to be a problem in the Stook, my head was against the roof, and my knees would not fit under the steering wheel. To look out the side of the car I would have had to duck and forget wearing a helmet. It was actually very surprising considering I was currently driving a smaller MR2 Spyder with no problems.

I will agree with one thing. As Nissan delivered the car, it was not a true sportscar. Just way too much push. Even though I could hustle the car fairly quickly around a track, it was no fun. Now that I have a proper suspension (NISMO S-Tune kit with NISMO Sways) the car is no doubt a true sports car and extremely satisfying. Realize, there is always someone with a smaller lighter car than yours saying that only "X" type of cars like their's are "true sportscars."
Old 04-03-2003, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DJSang
I think the dealers for the Z are also sh!t stirrers, no respect leads to beef... just respect both sides, well, the knowledgeable ones at least...
This is true in my experience. I went to the Nissan dealer a few weeks ago to check out the 350Z, and the sales manager saw me drive in in my S2000. The first words out of his mouth were, "so, you're ready to step into a *real* sports car?"

I wasn't too down with the immediate holier-than-thou attitude, so I left and returned a week or so later, and got a more down-to-earth (relatively speaking) salesman this time. We started talking about what I was looking for in the 350Z, and I told him that my previous car (before the S2000) was a '95 Supra TT, so I wanted to compare the 350Z's power / acceleration to that. In response, the guy proudly proclaimed that the 350Z is faster than any Corvette, Supra, 911, etc., and that none of them have a chance in a drag race. Hilarious...

Anyway, I finally got a chance to test drive a 350Z a few days ago, and it's a great car. It has much more torque and is much friendlier (i.e. easy) to drive than the S2000. It's hard to say which is faster based on feel, because you get a greater perception of speed in the S2000, probably due to its smaller size, lower-sloping hood, and louder engine. The 350Z's ride also felt much more comfortable to me, and didn't seem as stiff...although that could have been due to the roads near the dealership, which I don't normally drive on.

In any case, flaming and getting flamed is a part of any message board, so why not just relax and all toke a bowl. Or have a beer. Or whatever...
Old 04-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moved to off topic--not really a street encounter thread IMO. It's more of a smack encounter thread.