Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

women's issues

Old 02-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default women's issues

i know this is the wrong place to ask since we have like 3 girls total, but im my recent readings, there seems to be this phenomenon about women hating themselves and each other. it's hard to explain, but i'd like to know if you agree or disagree.

examples:

guys sometimes say "bros before ho's" but women seem to fight each other to attract the "top" men.

american culture/media says things like "you run like a girl, etc" but it's never said "you are insensitive like a guy, etc" seemingly harmless comments like this make it seem like being a girl is bad or at least worse than being a guy.

groups of only women seem to complain that they hate being around each other cuz their backstabbing, catty, etc.

this isn't meant to insult women, but just some observations. to be fair, men, imo are simple robot like machines. what they say is usually what they mean. when we dont like each other, we either say it or just separate. guys are not better than women, but rather just too dumb to play mind games.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Society is messed up in more ways than one.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:20 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

You're close. . . as with any "transaction," the devil is in the details.

At 31, I'll just say that "we want what we can't have."
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Feb 8 2007, 04:14 AM
examples:

guys sometimes say "bros before ho's" but women seem to fight each other to attract the "top" men.

american culture/media says things like "you run like a girl, etc" but it's never said "you are insensitive like a guy, etc" seemingly harmless comments like this make it seem like being a girl is bad or at least worse than being a guy.

groups of only women seem to complain that they hate being around each other cuz their backstabbing, catty, etc.

this isn't meant to insult women, but just some observations. to be fair, men, imo are simple robot like machines. what they say is usually what they mean. when we dont like each other, we either say it or just separate. guys are not better than women, but rather just too dumb to play mind games.
i think the male population still plays on female vulnerabilities....whether in the bedroom or boardroom.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 AM

I'm one of those women who thinks most others are catty and not nice. It's been proven to me time and time again and I've learned to trust my gut instinct about people in general, especially women.

With regards to your post, THIS is one of the reasons I most frequently give for preferring the company of men: "to be fair, men, imo are simple robot like machines. what they say is usually what they mean."

I have 4 amazing very close girl friends who are NOT catty, NOT bitchy, amazing people inside and out and make me feel fortunate to know them on a daily basis. There ARE women like this out there, but in my experience they are few and far between.

I am forever trying to explain to my guy friends why this one girl they're into isn't what they think she is (I refuse to give my opinion about a potential mate if asked, but if asked I state my true opinion). It's almost impossible to explain to guys as I think in general, most women pick up on the smaller things at a faster rate than most men do. I have met some men who have the same "talent" though - and it's refreshing to see that.

I think the catty and bitchiness gets in the way of the success of a lot of women. In my opinion, those who have learned that other females aren't adversaries are the ones I most frequently see getting ahead with their careers or personal ambitions... the ones who surround themselves and immerse themselves in drama and cattiness are usually the ones left behind.

Both sexes know how to play on each others weaknesses, it is a two way street as far as that goes.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by misskatiemo,Feb 8 2007, 09:58 AM
I'm one of those women who thinks most others are catty and not nice.
I hear this from 99.9% of women, how are men supposed to differentiate the catty ones from the non-catty ones? I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard. "I have way more guy friends than girl friends, girls are just so mean and catty".
Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by misskatiemo,Feb 8 2007, 09:58 AM
Both sexes know how to play on each others weaknesses, it is a two way street as far as that goes.
but there is a large gap in the amount of weaknesses between the sexes....

there's not much you can say to a guy to make him feel vulnerable.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by gotrice02,Feb 8 2007, 11:15 AM
I hear this from 99.9% of women, how are men supposed to differentiate the catty ones from the non-catty ones? I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard. "I have way more guy friends than girl friends, girls are just so mean and catty".
It's hard. It's hard even if you're a girl... peole are suprising.

@ PLYRS - I mean "weaknesses" as in the general weaknesses of both sexes, not simply emotional weakness.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:40 AM

Female monkeys will fight with each other to get the attention of the alpha male of their troop. Those females who are not strong enough to fight other stronger females find other ways to get attention. For instance, some female monkeys are known to induce vomit to get the attention of the alpha male. It is speculated that even the early humans like female Neanderthals exhibited the same kind of behavior.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Feb 8 2007, 06:52 AM
i think the male population still plays on female vulnerabilities....whether in the bedroom or boardroom.
I personally think women hold a lot of power. Both in bed and in the boardroom. I am more scared or female lawyers, sales women... Even in business transactions, women are always more firm, and harder to negotiate with. I just bought a motorcycle from a chick, she got me for full pop. I never pay full pop. I've been in sales and business for years, but she still got me for full pop. . My last trip to vegas, those strippers cleaned me out.

maybe I'm a sucker for the ladies, but I not when it comes to business and money.

Quick Reply: women's issues