Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

will my license be suspended? help!!!

Old 12-28-2001 | 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will my license be suspended? help!!!

ive been asking this around every forum....jut wanna see wat each forum has to say

after getting my last speeding ticket.. the county of sacramento sent me a courtasy notice to go to court. am i going to court so they can suspend my license? the past tickets i had...when living in stockton they sent me a courtasy notice to pay a fine...now its to go to court. The last ticket i had was my first in sacramento. is this a common thing in sacremento...go to court for every traffic ticket?

Someone posted a link about the point system and i noticed that if i get 4 points in 1 year...my license would be suspended.

well...this speeding ticket will be my fourth point. would i be able to request for traffic school and complete it and dont get the 4th point without getting my license suspended? i never asked for traffic school for my past tickets.so the judge would let me go to traffic school rite?

thanx for any help
Old 12-28-2001 | 11:35 PM

if you get 4 points in 1 year, you will get your liscense suspende.
i got 4 points about 5 years ago, and they send me a letter telling me that my liscense will be suspended for 1 year. what i did was call the TOW officers and explained to her that i needed to drive to go to school and to go to work, i also told her that i learned driving is a priviledge and not a right. She felt sorry for me and gave me my liscense back under 1 condition. i was on probation for 1 year. if i received another ticket within that 1 year i will get my liscense suspended for 2 years.

well i hope that helped.
Old 12-28-2001 | 11:49 PM

I'm not sure how it is there...but in Oklahoma you can always request traffic school and driving classes and they will usually let you off the hook if you take them.
Good luck,
-Brandon
Old 12-29-2001 | 05:22 AM

If you are really worried about getting suspended, you might consider spending a few hundred bucks on a lawyer. Sounds extreme, but that few hundred could save you a year of grief. I know of several people who get a lawyer for every speeding ticket and never end up having it stick.
Old 12-29-2001 | 05:31 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get yourself a lawyer.
Old 12-29-2001 | 12:13 PM

Originally posted by mav
Get yourself a lawyer.
Yep,

They know how to "fix" it

axcilla
Old 12-29-2001 | 12:42 PM

Hey, where in Stockton did ya live? I live right near Oak Park.

My bro got his car impounded last night because he was driving on a suspended license... serves him right though, he's a wreckless driver.
Old 12-29-2001 | 04:48 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got an idea: slow down!!! Perhaps a bit late for you now but it might make your life easier in the future. You might also want to invest the $400 for a good radar detector like the V1. Mine's saved my ass more than a few times. It will save you a lot of grief. You are an unlucky person, you need all the help you can get.
Old 12-29-2001 | 05:41 PM
JRM

Originally posted by cthree
I've got an idea: slow down!!! Perhaps a bit late for you now but it might make your life easier in the future. You might also want to invest the $400 for a good radar detector like the V1. Mine's saved my ass more than a few times. It will save you a lot of grief. You are an unlucky person, you need all the help you can get.
BINGO!!
Old 12-29-2001 | 07:58 PM

Here in michigan, i'm on probation. I got 2 speeding tickets within the period of 6 months, and i got sent a little letter saying that if i got one more ticket while in probation period, that i would have to go to traffic school, and possibly suspended licnese. I guess it just depends on your state's laws

Quick Reply: will my license be suspended? help!!!