Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Why are S2000 owners elitest pricks? Rant

Old 03-11-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

There are dicks in all of the groups. I think we have one of the nicer drivers out. Of course, I have run into my share of dickhead S2k owners. They act like they're driving a ferrari and they're beyond you or something. You mostly see it if you try to talk to them and they don't know you have an S2000 as well. I guess they automatically assume you drive a POS of some sort.

From what I've heard, Porsche owners are pretty bad. No love for the older model owners or anything. The guys with the newer cars treat the older 944 owners like ricers or something b/c they're apparently more civilized and cultured to have a job that pays 10x more than the other guy.

What it boils down to is people that get money fast. You know the kind, they're fresh out of school and they land a good job and start making a good bit of money. All of a sudden, they think they're gods and treat everyone else like crap b/c they have a few more bucks. It just happens on different scales and some happen to be in the range of affording an S2000 while others can afford something else.

It's hard to find somebody that just respects people anymore. I don't care what a person is driving. If it's a paseo with primer or whatever, I'll treat the guy just like he owned a porsche. Granted, I wouldn't be begging for rides , but I wouldn't treat him like scum b/c he can't afford as much. And the guys that you run into when you're driving your car and they're still dicks, those are the ones that are jealous that someone else accomplished as much as they did and maybe more.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Mar 11 2006, 06:35 PM
Also, bitches like cockyness...
Old 03-11-2006, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also another thing is that when you live in a nice area, i am in LA, car capital of the world, an S2000 is nothing to be cocky about out here when i see 16 year olds driving m3's, g35's and other $30-50k cars. Then you see what mom and dad drive... and it humbles the s2000.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cyclon36,Mar 11 2006, 07:47 PM
There are dicks in all of the groups. I think we have one of the nicer drivers out. Of course, I have run into my share of dickhead S2k owners. They act like they're driving a ferrari and they're beyond you or something. You mostly see it if you try to talk to them and they don't know you have an S2000 as well. I guess they automatically assume you drive a POS of some sort.

From what I've heard, Porsche owners are pretty bad. No love for the older model owners or anything. The guys with the newer cars treat the older 944 owners like ricers or something b/c they're apparently more civilized and cultured to have a job that pays 10x more than the other guy.

What it boils down to is people that get money fast. You know the kind, they're fresh out of school and they land a good job and start making a good bit of money. All of a sudden, they think they're gods and treat everyone else like crap b/c they have a few more bucks. It just happens on different scales and some happen to be in the range of affording an S2000 while others can afford something else.

It's hard to find somebody that just respects people anymore. I don't care what a person is driving. If it's a paseo with primer or whatever, I'll treat the guy just like he owned a porsche. Granted, I wouldn't be begging for rides , but I wouldn't treat him like scum b/c he can't afford as much. And the guys that you run into when you're driving your car and they're still dicks, those are the ones that are jealous that someone else accomplished as much as they did and maybe more.
Hahaha I've ran accross this alot when im driving a rental! They think im some fanatic rice boy who doesnt own one.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:48 PM

Please avert your eyes when WFO is online.

Peasant stock all of you .