Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

why do men cheat

Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your question is too broad. There are MANY different reasons why Men and Woman "cheat".

You should clarify, if you mean cheating on a "Girfriend/Boyfriend" or "Wife/Husband" Two totally different situations.

Tim
Old 09-08-2007, 02:39 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by GPMike,Sep 7 2007, 08:19 PM
HOLY SHIT.....now the add is for WomanSavers.com.
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
"Hearsay and conjecture are kinds of evidence. . . "
Old 09-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ad in this thread is now SeekingMillionaires.com !!!!

I am not one....yet. Perhaps what we really need are Sugar Mommas?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:59 AM

good god, that womansavers.com site is insane. I have never seen so much fear-mongering in my life. reading that site, it's easy to see why so many women distrust men, all of the magazines and tabloids and websites like that one support such a negative image of men!

Honestly, i think most men cheat when they start getting sexually frustrated. Men need sex more than women do, and you know what? If a man wasn't taking care of a woman's needs (whatever they are) she would be justified in finding other outlet outside of the core relationship. That could be shopping with friends, going out to dinners. I think most women don't understand that men, if allowed to release sexual tension and stress frequently with their partner, won't tend to have that wandering eye. It's when women neglect men that they start looking around.

women who get cheated on have this universal victim mentality, when they ought to seriously reflect on what drove their man to another woman's arms. I know when i got cheated on, i felt like a victim, but i also realized that it was partly my fault and made changes to be a better partner in the future. Can't we get a little consideration, a little self-reflection, ladies?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quick2K,Sep 8 2007, 10:59 AM
Can't we get a little consideration, a little self-reflection, ladies?
They might be busy doing their BF's best friend. I KID I KID
Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Sep 7 2007, 08:32 PM
i just read through this and it's pretty ####ing stupid.

CHEATING MEN SIGNS:

Discovery of a post office box: it's for the $$$$$$ so the kids won't get it in the mailbox!

The toilet bowl seat is up, (men) and when you left home it was down: i've been trained by my wife to keep the toilet seat down. in fact i close the entire lid so it's only fair that she needs to lift the damned thing.

The passenger seat in the car has been moved and is not in the usual position: my coworkers and i go out to lunch daily. different guys, different height.

Unaccounted for hairs of a different color on clothing: people shed!

Cigarette smoke on clothing that can
Old 09-08-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

nice to know google ads work
Old 09-08-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick2K,Sep 8 2007, 10:59 AM
good god, that womansavers.com site is insane. I have never seen so much fear-mongering in my life. reading that site, it's easy to see why so many women distrust men, all of the magazines and tabloids and websites like that one support such a negative image of men!
Neuroses = $$$. You're probably onto something.

Honestly, i think most men cheat when they start getting sexually frustrated.
Everyone needs variety and thrills. Unfortunately, there are a whole slew of sexual problems, many of the post-partum variety, that really effect both a man's and a woman's desire. That said, it doesn't account for every instance of cheating. . .

Men need sex more than women do, and you know what? If a man wasn't taking care of a woman's needs (whatever they are) she would be justified in finding other outlet outside of the core relationship. That could be shopping with friends, going out to dinners. I think most women don't understand that men, if allowed to release sexual tension and stress frequently with their partner, won't tend to have that wandering eye. It's when women neglect men that they start looking around.
WHOA WHOA WHOA dude. . . where's your research on these important findings of yours? Have you dated any woman in her 30's?

women who get cheated on have this universal victim mentality, when they ought to seriously reflect on what drove their man to another woman's arms. I know when i got cheated on, i felt like a victim, but i also realized that it was partly my fault and made changes to be a better partner in the future. Can't we get a little consideration, a little self-reflection, ladies?
I think the consideration and self-reflection should be asked of both genders, especially these days.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:44 AM

no, i haven't dated anyone in their thirties. I'm 22... maybe i should look forward to it then?

I guess those observations are overly broad generalizations of the last girl i dated...

And yeah, i was suggesting that the "complete victim" mentality is wrong, and everyone ought to be a bit more self-reflective. It's hard when social expectations are that you blame the cheater and his/her gender, rather than look at the possibility that you were somewhat at fault.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:29 PM

Most guys and girls that i know that cheat do it for their ego and nothing more. There is the mismatched libido in some cases and I think that is often the cause of the diminished self esteem. I've been there before but I can't cheat so I got out of the relationship then got myself a uh.. boost

Quick Reply: why do men cheat