Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Who is Anti front plate??

Old 03-21-2002 | 07:02 AM

Default Who is Anti front plate??

<~~~In Oregon it's against the law to be missing a vehicle's front license plate. i refuse to put one on my car. i would like to know how many other members knowingly break the law to have their cars look a little more coooooool? i break the law on this one and i'm damn proud!
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:20 AM

i hate front plates
i have no s2000, i drive and integra
and I have my plate on the passenger side up against
the front window etc...
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:27 AM

Me me me.....That's the first thing I took off of my STOOK.
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:28 AM

Originally posted by ltweintz
DITTO
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:30 AM

In Kentucky they don't require front plates, I don't really care for them, one on the back is good enough
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:32 AM

I, too, dislike front plates (esp on roadsters!). I think it looks GHEY! Police only seem to pull over imports.

I was pulled over on I-45 on my way back to college (Texas A&M) by a state trooper. He said he pulled me over because I needed to have a front plate on my car (I had replaced my front plate w/ a Metallica 'scary guy' license plate). Although the guy was really cool (he was young, probably a rookie. gave no ticket, just letting me know) I don't think that was the reason he pulled me over because I pulled up behind him in the fast lane on the highway and he was making everyone go around him. When I passed him, I looked at him and he did a double take when he looked at me. That's when I thought, 'here it comes'. I think he pulled me over because of what he saw, a brown mexican-lookin' dude in a black trench coat driving an integra w/ some packed book bags in the front seat. I guess that seemed suspicious to him... whatever?

On a side note, he noticed my radar detector (it was chirping cuz he was behind me) and he was like, 'what is that?' I was like, what? that? (kinda playing dumb but not really working). He said, 'Is that a radar detector? You know those things don't work.' I thought to myself, 'then why is it going off when you're behind me?' I must emphasize, he was a cool guy. One of the better cops that I've met out of the 3 times I've been pulled over.
Old 03-21-2002 | 07:32 AM

Illegal to drive with no front plate here in Wisconsin; my front plate bracket is "broken" and the plate is now in the trunk. Will need a fix-it ticket before I put the plate back on.
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:19 AM

I don't have my plates yet, but I'm planning on NOT using the front, though they're required here in Ohio. I've spoken with quite a few people who haven't used one for years without a problem. Whether an S2000 gets treated differently from a Camry remains to be seen.....

JonasM
Old 03-21-2002 | 08:53 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ltweintz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DITTO to the 2nd power
Old 03-21-2002 | 09:08 AM

I don't have one on either.

Quick Reply: Who is Anti front plate??