Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Where's WarrenW?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We go down this road hundreds of times.

It's like herding cats.. there will always be a group of people that don't see eye to eye on whatever issue is at hand. Moderation, post content, sense of humour, it really doesn't matter.

One thing that is constant is that the mods that have been appointed to moderate the forum are free to enforce the rules at their leisure. Some may be easier going then others, but the fact remains that which ever mod happens upon your post can ditch it.. even if he's PMS'ing it's his perogative.

Some posters get so involved in their posts, it's like we've banished you children to the arctic or something. Let it go, move on. There' are millions of posts here.. all fall by the wayside over time.

On a more specific note, when that thread was running, I asked the question... Does Warren know you're doing this? if so it's funny, if not, it's not cool.

That's my casual way of saying, don't be a dick, if you're purposefully making fun of someone, at their expense for your shits and giggles I'd just assume ban you in a second whether you've been here for 8 days or 8 years.

If you want one truth out of all of this, it's that complaining about it is a waste of time. You can bitch all you want, you will never change the sites mind, it hasn't worked before, and it won't happen in the future.

The little revolts that pop up from time to time are nothing more then a distraction.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mindcore,Aug 17 2009, 10:32 AM
We go down this road hundreds of times.

It's like herding cats.. there will always be a group of people that don't see eye to eye on whatever issue is at hand. Moderation, post content, sense of humour, it really doesn't matter.

One thing that is constant is that the mods that have been appointed to moderate the forum are free to enforce the rules at their leisure. Some may be easier going then others, but the fact remains that which ever mod happens upon your post can ditch it.. even if he's PMS'ing it's his perogative.

Some posters get so involved in their posts, it's like we've banished you children to the arctic or something. Let it go, move on. There' are millions of posts here.. all fall by the wayside over time.

On a more specific note, when that thread was running, I asked the question... Does Warren know you're doing this? if so it's funny, if not, it's not cool.

That's my casual way of saying, don't be a dick, if you're purposefully making fun of someone, at their expense for your shits and giggles I'd just assume ban you in a second whether you've been here for 8 days or 8 years.

If you want one truth out of all of this, it's that complaining about it is a waste of time. You can bitch all you want, you will never change the sites mind, it hasn't worked before, and it won't happen in the future.

The little revolts that pop up from time to time are nothing more then a distraction.
You're right. That isn't going to stop me from debating what's ok and what's not.

I replied to your comment there and I had a PM from Warren about the thread stating that he thought it was funny and he asked only that I remove his phone number and I gladly obliged. Warren's a cult hero on S2ki... Anybody that follows the OT forum knows that.

As far as a mod PMSing and taking it out, yeah. They can do that, doesn't mean it's right. It's not my nature to sit to the side and not comment. Something that I think others on here appreciate what I do. I'm not an A-hole by any means and try to be respectful on here. I think a lot of the mods on here know that or I probably would have been banned already.

Mindcore, you and I have been on here for years and I know how you moderate. I'm not worried about you since you ARE fair and impartial.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 AM

I rarely if ever comment on any of these sorts of things, but I would have to say I'm in the middle. Generally I feel the moderators on this site do a decent job of being fair, while not allowing things to get out of hand. I did not witness the end of Tapout's thread, though witnessed the beginning. I think he should have sought Warren's permission earlier on in the thread, or otherwise utilized different photographs. That being said, if it turned out Warren was OK with it, then whatever.

However, while on the topic, I noticed the other day that I missed a thread in the Car Talk forum, in which it was locked, and seemingly half of S2ki was banned inside of it, with little explanation--and perhaps one of the main aggressors untouched? It left me slightly confused. Are all of them suspended, or permanently banned?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ted H,Aug 17 2009, 01:05 PM
However, while on the topic, I noticed the other day that I missed a thread in the Car Talk forum, in which it was locked, and seemingly half of S2ki was banned inside of it, with little explanation--and perhaps one of the main aggressors untouched? It left me slightly confused. Are all of them suspended, or permanently banned?
step1: zx spouts insults at everyone and is a general ass.
step2: everyone jumps on him.
step3: everyone gets banned except zx.
step4: ???
step5: Profit!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ted H,Aug 17 2009, 01:05 PM
I rarely if ever comment on any of these sorts of things, but I would have to say I'm in the middle. Generally I feel the moderators on this site do a decent job of being fair, while not allowing things to get out of hand. I did not witness the end of Tapout's thread, though witnessed the beginning. I think he should have sought Warren's permission earlier on in the thread, or otherwise utilized different photographs. That being said, if it turned out Warren was OK with it, then whatever.

Those pictures were taken off of Warren's public website and at no time did I impersonate him in this forum. Just to one person, a woman who he would never have contact with.

http://warrenwatson.net/
Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=thebig33tuna,Aug 17 2009, 10:16 AM] step1: zx spouts insults at everyone and is a general ass.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 AM

well thats good at least.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 AM

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tapout2000,Aug 17 2009, 06:25 AM
Wow. Before you go copying and pasting, why don't you ACTUALLY read the statute.
If you read the statute:

impersonates another by communication by electronic means with intent to obtain a benefit or injure or defraud another.
You know how nutty people can get. Crap lawsuits get filed all the time. "Mortal Kombat" could claim emotional distress and you'd be up a creek.

But that's neither here nor there.

-Tom, for the record I think 99% of your posts are funny.

I do think that 1% of the time you cross the line.

Note that I personally have not moderated a single post or thread of yours.

We all have our opinions, but my "moderating" has never touched you.

Originally Posted by tapout
Honestly, after you log out of S2ki.com, your still another nothing in the depths of society.

So CKit, honestly, go to the police academy, get yourself a badge and a gun if you really want to make a difference with your "authority."
Do you feel that these personal attacks are warranted? Do you think that they are consistent with site rules?

Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CKit,Aug 17 2009, 01:47 PM

We all have our opinions, but my "moderating" has never touched you.

Originally Posted by tapout
Honestly, after you log out of S2ki.com, your still another nothing in the depths of society.

So CKit, honestly, go to the police academy, get yourself a badge and a gun if you really want to make a difference with your "authority."
Do you feel that these personal attacks are warranted? Do you think that they are consistent with site rules?

Enjoy!
You know, i apologize. That came out wrong. I meant we're all nothings honestly. No matter what great things we do in life, on the grand scale of human existence we're nothings. As far as the cop thing goes... I wouldn't call that a personal attack.

So in conclusion, I apologize. I wasn't trying to be a prick. Just giving a rebuttal.

Quick Reply: Where's WarrenW?