Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Where's WarrenW?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit,Aug 16 2009, 11:25 AM
I guess I really don't get it. Probably because I'm a moderator.

You guys are whining about the restrictive moderation... BUT IT'S THE INTERNET.

This isn't the only site you're limited to. You aren't "members" and haven't spent a single penny of your money or a minute of your time maintaining this site.

So why are you crying about being moderated? Go to www.knittingwomen.org and start posting there. See how fast you'll get clamped down on.

This is a car site. Having an area AT ALL where friends can talk about non-car stuff is just a favor to the members. A lot of car forums restrict that access to just members to keep the random trollage down.

We're not your mommas. And trust me, we don't enjoy babysitting. Tapout, you know that Warren thread was bordering on criminal, right?

I'll bet Michael Vick thought he was just having a little bit of fun. Gotrice and tapout, consider... just for a minute... that the general majority does not share your opinion.

Why not go hang out on Honda-Tech? You can't have it both ways.
Dude, bordering on criminal? Give me a fuking break, criminal impersonation? Yea I'm sure what tapout did had criminal intent written all over it. The reason I don't pay membership is exactly attributed by posts like yours
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Former Moderator

I find it funny that most of the complaints about moderation comes from guests and not members. Also most of the complaints that I get from members are about guests' posts and that they are abusing the rules.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by CKit,Aug 16 2009, 11:25 AM
I guess I really don't get it. Probably because I'm a moderator.

You guys are whining about the restrictive moderation... BUT IT'S THE INTERNET.

This isn't the only site you're limited to. You aren't "members" and haven't spent a single penny of your money or a minute of your time maintaining this site.

So why are you crying about being moderated? Go to www.knittingwomen.org and start posting there. See how fast you'll get clamped down on.

This is a car site. Having an area AT ALL where friends can talk about non-car stuff is just a favor to the members. A lot of car forums restrict that access to just members to keep the random trollage down.

We're not your mommas. And trust me, we don't enjoy babysitting. Tapout, you know that Warren thread was bordering on criminal, right?

I'll bet Michael Vick thought he was just having a little bit of fun. Gotrice and tapout, consider... just for a minute... that the general majority does not share your opinion.

Why not go hang out on Honda-Tech? You can't have it both ways.
Wow. Before you go copying and pasting, why don't you ACTUALLY read the statute.

Select appropriate alternative(s):
impersonates another by communication by internet website
or electronic means with intent to obtain a benefit or injure
or defraud another, or
by communication by internet website or electronic means,
pretends to be a public servant in order to induce another
to submit to such authority or act in reliance on such
pretense.
My post was "bordering on illegal?" Well, fortunately, in this country. Being on the border of illegal is NOT illegal. I did NONE of the above. I didn't benefit myself, injure anyone or defraud anyone. Now, if you would like to check my records on here. I was a paying member, for those of you saying "Oh the guests are the ones complaining."

Maybe at some point, some of us guests were in your spot, paying members... Evaluating that first year of paid membership and finding that there is no certain benefit except so we can have a few stars and an avatar!!! Oh wow. CKit, before you even registered on this website, I was a member and a Community Organizer with Mod privliges in my respective forum. People debate and most of us are adults on here. If anything happened in my forum I didn't feel the need to flex my e-muscles and close or moderate unnecessarily to make up for the lack of respect i get in real life.

As far as this being the internet and me moving on to another website, I've been an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT (whether I pay money or not) for 7 Years now. So, I'd hardly be up for leaving a forum that I'm comfortable with as well as a forum where I know which mods are uptight pricks and which ones aren't (oh and I do.) So I choose rather to make the forum more enjoyable for all of us. I don't post pictures of naked women, or video of people dying or anything else you may consider completely unacceptable.

You're babysitting comment, you overly estimate your importance to your forum. Honestly, after you log out of S2ki.com, your still another nothing in the depths of society. It's very obvious that you think your duty here is of the upmost importance, by you ACTUALLY COMPARING ME TO MICHAEL VICK! Are you kidding?

You're right, this is a car sight, and you could NOT have an OT forum, but if you didn't, there sure wouldn't be as many members and hardly think that the sponsors would pay as much for the advertising if membership was less. So, NO it's not a favor. It's keeping this forum competitive with all the other ones out there on the internet.

So CKit, honestly, go to the police academy, get yourself a badge and a gun if you really want to make a difference with your "authority."

DICTATORSHIP THREAD LOCK IN 3....2....1....
Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 AM

IBTL!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 AM

i feel like we've been down this road before.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Yikes. Please, Tapout, don't get yourself banned. You've been good for so many laughs!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna,Aug 17 2009, 10:11 AM
i feel like we've been down this road before.
Yeah the road is a short one and the destination is thread lock. God forbid anyone questions anything.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So anyway, where IS WarrenW these days?

-gosixers215
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by tapout2000,Aug 17 2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah the road is a short one and the destination is thread lock. God forbid anyone questions anything.
to be honest we've gotten a lot more responses and actual discussion out of mods in this forum than i've seen on any other. many if not most forums shut down anything that questions mods immediately without explanation.

-thebig33tuna

Quick Reply: Where's WarrenW?