Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

when will gas prices go down?

Old 06-05-2008 | 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is when and if the companies will account for rising cost of living due to oil prise hike in our pay raises?
Old 06-05-2008 | 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gymkata,Jun 5 2008, 07:45 AM
My question is when and if the companies will account for rising cost of living due to oil prise hike in our pay raises?
I right with ya on this one. Although I dont think its gonna happen
Old 06-06-2008 | 04:22 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

i know min. wage is increasing soon but the increase in everything else doesnt get anyone "ahead" anymore, i remember when i made 4.15 per hr i was better off than i am now(not literally but almost haha and i still get min. wage because of a tip based job)...so min. wage has doubled since i started working and gas has quadrupled. my next thought is,....is will hybrid cars and motorcycles and the like have a huge increase due to the better gas mileage they achieve??????
Old 06-06-2008 | 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer,Jun 6 2008, 04:22 PM
i know min. wage is increasing soon but the increase in everything else doesnt get anyone "ahead" anymore, i remember when i made 4.15 per hr i was better off than i am now(not literally but almost haha and i still get min. wage because of a tip based job)...so min. wage has doubled since i started working and gas has quadrupled. my next thought is,....is will hybrid cars and motorcycles and the like have a huge increase due to the better gas mileage they achieve??????
Im in the Navy and Im basically salary. Im not saying the military should be paid tons cause as I found out there are people getting paid the same as me and all they do is pass out towels at the base gym.

Basically filling the tank in my car and my fiance's car is starting to hurt more and more. Id get a second job but my schedule is too unpredictable.
Old 06-06-2008 | 07:56 PM

I paid 4.45 for premium today.
Old 06-06-2008 | 09:52 PM

Good news, I discovered 800 million barrels of oil in my storage room so prices should drop shortly.
Old 06-07-2008 | 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Jun 6 2008, 09:52 PM
Good news, I discovered 800 million barrels of oil in my storage room so prices should drop shortly.
looks like we will enjoy a dip in prices for a week or so since the world uses like 80 million barrels of oil a day!!!! But you will become extremely rich, maybe you wanna give a fellow member like a couple hundred barrels
Old 06-07-2008 | 03:54 PM

Peak oil is here....gas/oil is going way higher IMO.

Here is an oil exec explaining peak oil is very easy terms to understand. He is a CEO of Lundin oil in Sweden.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5kXAZa-ceo
Old 06-08-2008 | 05:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

we need to get off our asses and start to push these oil companies to develop more alternative fuels. they have been dragging their feet, because they know how much money they tend to lose if they do. I love that the president is filling up the 700 million barrel reserve to be used by the military in case of an emergency, did you know that military does not use diesel made from oil? they use a diesel made from the refining of coal.
Old 06-08-2008 | 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by HonCBRf2,Jun 8 2008, 05:39 AM
we need to get off our asses and start to push these oil companies to develop more alternative fuels. they have been dragging their feet, because they know how much money they tend to lose if they day. I love that the president tis filling up the 700 million barrel reserve to be used by the military in case of an emergency, did you know that military does not use diesel made from oil? they use a diesel made from the refining of coal.
umm...no they use diesel from oil.

the air force was just asking if they could use diesel from coal......but we don't have any coal liquification plants.

Quick Reply: when will gas prices go down?