Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

when will gas prices go down?

Old 05-20-2004 | 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a large power controlling the masses. Not good. Until this stops OPEC and the other officials in the ring can not only control the price but there own profits as well. It is all about money. They are going to see just when we will say enough is enough. Until then. All I can say to the question is never.

I wanted to comment on the thankful we are in the U.S. We have the prices in the U.S. by the amount of gas we consume. If we consumed that of any other nation,, of course our gas would be higher. We also refine a lot of it here wich reduces some costs on exportation.
Old 05-20-2004 | 12:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steven975
we in the US should be thankful of our gas prices, even now.

inflation adjusted, they are no where near the high.
Old 05-20-2004 | 12:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

I think this article is a little overboard, but it does hint at where we are headed. The US is to a great extent responsible for driving up prices by buying lots of gas guzzlers, but China's growing economy and the introduction of affordable cars to a nation of a billion plus will drive up prices faster than we realize. I would not be surprised to have $3 a gallon as the norm within ten years.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/20/markets/oi...dex.htm?cnn=yes

From the research I have done for work, cheap gas was estimated by some experts to be around for 20 years or so at the most. This article seems to suggest even worse. Keep buyin them HEMI's boys!
Old 05-20-2004 | 12:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally posted by S2KTerpNut
Steven is exactly right--inflation-adjusted, gasoline prices are actually on the low side of prices historically. We consume WAY too much fossil-fuels and produce too little in the US. We are infatuated with gas-guzzling SUVs and cars, and we basically create our own addiction to foreign oil. As for the strategic oil reserve, it's for emergencies that threaten our economy and our very way of life--not for when gas prices happen to be $3/gallon! The bottom line is if you can't afford $3-$4/gallon for gasoline, consider buying a more fuel-efficient vehicle like a gas-electric hybrid. If you want someone to blame, look in the mirror, but don't blame economists, politicians, or OPEC.

well said.
Old 05-20-2004 | 12:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vader1
I think this article is a little overboard, but it does hint at where we are headed.
Old 05-20-2004 | 02:12 PM

Screw my last post. I think this sums it all up and is direct from the OPEC website.

The Member Countries consider the current situation and forecasts of market fundamentals, such as economic growth rates and petroleum demand and supply scenarios. They then consider what, if any, changes they might make in their petroleum policies. For example, in previous Conferences the Member Countries have decided variously to raise or lower their collective oil production in order to maintain stable prices and steady supplies to consumers in the short, medium and longer term.
Old 06-04-2008 | 09:00 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

bump this thread from 4 yrs ago!!!

wow i cant believe people thought 2dollars was high

anyone have any insight about it coming down now,....that is 4.40ish for premium where i am at
Old 06-04-2008 | 09:42 PM

On NPR today some expert was saying that he expects the price to drop to about $3.50 per gallon for regular by roughly August / September. The reasons are a drop in the demand for gasoline and the anticipated strengthening of the US dollar.

We'll see.
Old 06-05-2008 | 01:11 AM

God, some of you are really ignorant. haha
Old 06-05-2008 | 07:39 AM
15 Year Member

Received 247 Likes on 185 Posts

Right around $4 to $4.10 for premium here. It just came down this week.

Quick Reply: when will gas prices go down?