Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

What is your worst Job Ever??

Old 01-16-2001, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought mine was pretty bad but compared to some of these stories, it was a walk in the park.

Night cleaning a swiss chalet for $2.50 and hr when I was 16.
4 hours 8 toilets, 2 kitchens and lots of cigarettes later... I got a whopping $10 bucks. That being Canadian money, so with the current exchange rate... $1 US or so (jk, more like $5.50 US)

I loved it when they left the helium tank unlocked... woohoo!!
Old 01-16-2001, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by FlyingPig
When you only have enough money for one meal every other day after the tuition is paid, left over is a blessing.
That's one thing yuppies would never understand.
I know what you mean in that regard, I put myself through school working in restaurants so we could get free food...
Old 01-16-2001, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pueo, it was the Elephant Walk in Roanoke, Virginia. The elephant gig was a temp job, and that's just one of the beauties they sent me to! I answered a lot of phones, put up with a lot of BS... thank God for my college education!
Old 01-16-2001, 10:56 AM

fast food jobs in high school sucked.. every time i see Kernel Sanders or Dave Thomas.. i think -slave driver. i get cold chills that i'm gonna have to clean out another frosty machine or deal with another moron at the cash register.

I worked for Kroger for a little while in the dairy section.. actually had fun with that.. i stocked milk n' such in the freezer behind the milk display.. i'd mooOO.. at people and was gonna put cow seats on my POS '84 prelude till i got fired for stealing slushy. hehe.. no people were at the deli register so i grabbed a 5 cent cup and got my usually slushy.. busted.

worst job though.. last one.. for a start up internet company that worked me like a slave.. paid me barely enough to survive.. designing fantasy sports online games for the guys that don't get enough of a sports wet dream just watching the game. on top of everything.. being a web designer.. they some how thought i should carry in boxes for print ad shipments.. entire crates.. that sucked. and the owner of the company decided to celebrate his birthday by closing down the company.. can't say i was sad.
Old 01-16-2001, 01:27 PM

I slaved for the Colonel for a year in HS. When my shift was over dogs would chase me on the bike ride home because I smelled like chicken. I hated that job.

I was also a surface maintenance engineer for a while in college (i.e. I waxed floors for the YMCA). If there's a bright side to that job, it provided good training for keeping the S2K properly cleaned and waxed.

Sondra, I think you said it best: Thank God for my college education as well!
Old 01-16-2001, 01:30 PM

SIX FLAGS OVER TEXAS, Summer/Fall of '66. Chasing/catching the Chaparral cars; hot. When winter came it was even worse. A girl who worked the same ride was seriously burned when someone threw gasoline on a warming fire in a bucket. GROSS!
Old 01-16-2001, 04:46 PM

City Parks and Recreation: Cleared path for bulldozers... by hand... for $5.00/hr.
Old 01-16-2001, 04:52 PM

Ahh my first flaming thread, I don't know what to say...
Old 01-16-2001, 08:53 PM

Worst:In my college days I worked at an electronics salvage business. They bought huge lots of surplus from the government, everything from jet engine test stands to geiger counters. We hauled plenty of junk out to the scrap pile including a broken robotic arm. Later I found out why the owner removed the batteries from the geiger counters. The robot arm was from a Navy containment vessel used to handle radioactive materials. I just don't want to know...

Second worst:screenprinting
Old 01-16-2001, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Munch
Ahh my first flaming thread, I don't know what to say...
Haha...You're all about the flame huh.

Quick Reply: What is your worst Job Ever??