Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

What is your worst Job Ever??

Old 01-15-2001, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading FlyingPig's tale of woe it got me thinking to all the shieeeet jobs I've had through the years...

Here is one of my worst...

Boxing bug killers at the end of an assembly line, I looked like Lucille Ball (with a Moustache) in the chocolate episode - everyone could stop the line but ME. I had at least twenty of the damn things break on the floor the one morning I worked. No one even blinked and I never came back from lunch...

Many other horror stories, but I thought this one was fitting... Please give me your WORST!!
Old 01-15-2001, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ewe..I did assmebly line work for four and a half weeks at TI, it was just an interim job until a Microsoft job opened up back in '95.

The people there, not to knock anyone here, had no motivation or thrill in life, wait...we did have some great parties. Working a 6pm to 6am shift - we'd party at 6:30am till around 10 then we'd crash hard. Fun days, but I wouldn't want to go back to it.
Old 01-15-2001, 05:13 PM

Flipping burgers at Mickey D's...never been back to one, 'nuff said.
Old 01-15-2001, 05:20 PM
Former Moderator

Working the night shift for my GF's Grandfathers Packaging company. Heavy labour, nobody spoke english, scheduled breaks and on the second day using a monster nail gun, one Rick O'Shea'd of the Steel table and I wound up shooting a guy. That was my last day. I was happy.

Mike
Old 01-15-2001, 06:07 PM

mowing grass for the University that I attended for a summer job.
Old 01-15-2001, 06:22 PM

There was a bar in a local hotel called the Elephant Walk, and to make their food quota, they had a free happy hour buffet every weekday.

I had to stand on the corner of a major intersection dressed up in an elephant costume for 5 hours at a time, waving and pointing to a sign next to me that advertised the buffet. Thank GOD it was winter so I didn't fry in the suit and that no one could see that it was me ...
Old 01-15-2001, 06:30 PM
Former Moderator

I think you win Sondra
Old 01-15-2001, 06:38 PM

goat herd.
no joke, no lie.
and trust me, after giving worm medicine to a herd of 100 bad-tempered nubian goats in the middle of the summer NO other job sounds bad.

-c
Old 01-15-2001, 07:31 PM

Worked in the Car Wash place in HS. I fvcking wrecked a Porsche 911 . The guy parked in first gear but I didn't know so I turned on the ignition to roll up the windows after he left. Of course, when I turned it on, the car lurched forward and reared end another car in front of it. The hood was dented and there was several scratches with paint from the other car. The guy came out cussing my head off. He was so pissed because he just got the car back from the shop. He was about to sell his car so that was why he went for a car wash. To cut it short, I was on probation for 2 weeks but then I got the message so I quitted in a short time later.
Old 01-15-2001, 07:45 PM

nv, I guess that should go in a new thread 'worst tragedies in crappy jobs'?

Quick Reply: What is your worst Job Ever??