Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

What Happened to the SPEED Channel?

Old 05-17-2005 | 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by twilight dancer,May 17 2005, 04:33 PM
Maybe if we get everyone from the forum to declare less NASCAR coverage, they might change.

http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/
What if we actually DO LIKE Nascar?

Old 05-17-2005 | 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by twilight dancer,May 17 2005, 03:33 PM
Maybe if we get everyone from the forum to declare less NASCAR coverage, they might change.

http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/
i sent them an email..
Old 05-19-2005 | 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,May 17 2005, 12:59 PM
speed as been like this for a while now, ever since they got bought out...... can't believe you just noticed it..
Well,
I am one of those who never understood cars until this past year. I've always been into airplanes... had planes on the brain since I can remember. I've even been blessed enough to finally pilot those wonderful flying machines. But lately there isn't time because of family and work.
Who the hell would go nuts on cars?... the damned things don't fly? You can't go up and down - and you cant drive upside down... controlled anyway!!!
But it was a switch. A fellow S2000 pilot took me for a ride and then he did the most hideous thing... he let me drive it. Oh MY!!!!!! Another part of my brain became stimulated. WOW!
Then the same fellow enticed me to the track. Shame on him. I just thought that going fast was all about the car. I had NO idea that it took skill.
I'm now in HPDE2 and I am getting faster. The HPDE guys sometimes come down to play in my group and those boys pass me in their stooks like I didn't even try.
So, I'm a newbie. I watch and read whatever I can now to figure out how to go faster. I freakin' love this sport and am having an absolute BALL with my new ride.
So, chalk it up to newbieness. I want more Gran Prix racing to see how the cars do in the twisties. NASCAR has its science, true. But that is so far from my reach. I'm in my 40's and am one of those newly discovered group of people who just want to have fun with their cars at the track every now and then. No trophies... just want to go as fast as I can and stay within the limits of my setup.
We need more shows that talk about street rides... tuners for the weekend HPDEs.

Having a ball!!!! Love this car! It is so much fun to know that this car not only is fun to drive every day, but that it is something else on the track. Loveit!!!!!
Gimme more shows like Sports Car Revolution ... and give me more detail.
NASCAR might appeal to the masses, but I want more info on my sport of weekend streetcar fun.

CB
Old 05-20-2005 | 11:26 AM

I didn't actually HATE TRASHCAR until it took over, now I want to spit on every TV showing it. The reason is simple; SPEED would rather show old TRASHCAR than other current motorsport events. I was telling my girlfriend one day that I wished TRASHCAR had its own channel and her reply was simple..."they do silly, the one you're watching". Boy don't I know it.
Old 05-20-2005 | 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,May 20 2005, 02:26 PM
SPEED would rather show old TRASHCAR than other current motorsport events.
Why do you say that? I watch tons of non-NASCAR racing on SPPED.
Old 05-20-2005 | 12:19 PM

yeah but all the cool shows are at odd hours like super late at night or during the day when people are at work, everday when i come home turn on the tv, check speed and its Nascar news, Nascar Replay, always Nascar
Old 05-20-2005 | 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by esracer,May 20 2005, 04:19 PM
yeah but all the cool shows are at odd hours like super late at night or during the day when people are at work, everday when i come home turn on the tv, check speed and its Nascar news, Nascar Replay, always Nascar
thats when everybody is passed the hell out from supporting Dale Jr.
Old 05-21-2005 | 12:57 PM

Ahh.
Speed musta read my ravings. This Saturday was SO much better!
I was comfy and happy on the couch watching the Rolex series and tomorrow.... wait... I can hardly type.... MONTE CARLO!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2005 | 05:19 PM

yeah the rolex race was great. the weather could have been better
Old 05-21-2005 | 08:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by twilight dancer,May 16 2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I agree that SPEED is pure crap now. They need to focus on other racing venues. Then again, remember that MTV used to play music. Now they had to make MTV2 to play music. Will we be getting SPEED 2 channel?
I saw Speed 2 and it was horrible!!! I much prefer Speed 1, Keanu did a great job!

Oh.... nevermind. Yes, NASCAR bought Speed Channel.

Quick Reply: What Happened to the SPEED Channel?