Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Weirdest Speed Trap...

Old 06-26-2007 | 09:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Weirdest Speed Trap...

So I went out to lunch from work about an hour ago, and off of the main road that we are located on, there is a twisty side road with a 30 mph speed limit that takes me to the main highway that I go to for lunch. The road is always usually empty cause it's a side street so I take full advantage of it to have a little fun during my lunch break. Well... my radar starts going off before a bend and I slow down and it was just one of those stationary radars that state your speed. So I pass it and once I pass it I open up again and take off, and while my V1 is still going off from the stationary unit with the arrow pointed behind me, a #2 pops up before another bend on my detector with now the forward AND back arrows on and I was

So I slam on my brakes cause I was now pushing maybe 55 or 60 and low and behold... there was a cop, sitting in a Maroon OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE... MAROON OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE!!!!!!!... with the windows all tinted out and as I pass him, he's got the whole set up in his car with the radar pointed to the back.

What slick MOFOS man!!!! If it wasn't for the V1, I would have been screwed HUGE!!!! Not a Crown Vic or Dodge Charger or Chevy Impala or etc etc... a F**king ALERO INTRIGUE!!!!... lol.

Andre
Old 06-26-2007 | 09:59 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So I slam on my breaks cause I was now pushing maybe 55 or 60 and low and behold... there was a cop, sitting in a Maroon ALERO INTRIGUE... MAROON ALERO INTRIGUE!!!!!!!... with the windows all tinted out and as I pass him, he's got the whole set up in his car with the radar pointed to the back.

What slick MOFOS man!!!! If it wasn't for the V1, I would have been screwed HUGE!!!! Not a Crown Vic or Dodge Charger or Chevy Impala or etc etc... a F**king ALERO INTRIGUE!!!!... lol.

Alero:

Intrigue:

So, which one was it?
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Oops... sorry... it was the intrigue... lol.

Can you tell I don't pay much attention to Oldsmobiles... even if it is an Oldsmobile?!?!?... lol.

Andre
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

camaro SS, impala, charger SRT-8 & R/T, intrepid, explorer, mustang cobra & GT.. just a few of the undercovers I have to keep an eye out for on any given day
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALERO INTRIGUE

could be a new meme on 4chan?
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:49 AM

We've got some super sneaky Expeditions here... I saw a tan one once... hidden lights, no antennas.

I'd be careful on that road.. someone has probably reported you and the cop is likely there solely to catch you flying by at lunch time.
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:21 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by PDX S2000,Jun 26 2007, 10:49 AM
We've got some super sneaky Expeditions here... I saw a tan one once... hidden lights, no antennas.

I'd be careful on that road.. someone has probably reported you and the cop is likely there solely to catch you flying by at lunch time.
It's funny... cause I actually thought about that. Cause I only discovered that road maybe like 3 or 4 weeks ago and after about 2 weeks... they put up that stationary unit... and now the cop. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled from now on.

Andre
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:44 AM

I always thought that it would be a dirty trick to place a cop car behind one of those check your speed things, cause most people slow down for it because their radars go off then speed up again and think they're safe.
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by esracer,Jun 26 2007, 11:44 AM
I always thought that it would be a dirty trick to place a cop car behind one of those check your speed things, cause most people slow down for it because their radars go off then speed up again and think they're safe.
Yep... but they know it and take full advantage of it... or at least try to... hehe.

Like I said... Thank You Valentine One!!!! If it wasn't for the counter and arrows... I would have never known.

Andre
Old 06-26-2007 | 01:20 PM

I've seen an official NSX police car in Seattle. That was cool!

Quick Reply: Weirdest Speed Trap...