Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

victim of road rage

Old 07-24-2003 | 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default victim of road rage

EVERYONE, please be careful out there. You can be the safest driver in the world but their will always be some nutcase who will do something dumb.

Today, my life flashed before my eyes.

I was driving on the far left lane on the highway. No one is infront of me. All of a sudden this guy in a old red minivan swerves into my lane. There is like a 3 feet distance between me and him. I honk my horn for about a second. After that he then just STOMPS on his brakes. So i do the same. Now I couldnt turn into the right lane because there were 2 semis approaching fast. On the left was a concrrete barrier. So basically my car was swerving a little bit cause of the antilock brakes. He slows down to about 20 mph. By this time there were skid marks on the highway caused by both our cars.

I quickly look to the right lane and see that its clear. I take the turn and then decide to see who this er is. Well I saw it was some trashy guy. He then has the nerve to ing wave at me. So basically I tell myself this is a psycho and i just backed off. I slowed down and let him do whatever the he wanted to.

I took the exit before mine and took the backroads home.

In conclusion, I was shit scared because some psycho tried to kill me for no apparant reason. Do you think I did the right thing by just backing off?

Old 07-24-2003 | 07:23 AM

Absolutely.
Better safe than sorry. The last thing you want is to piss someone off who is willing to stop on the interstate. Better to just get out of the situation. Though calling the cops and giving them his liscense plate might have been fun too! Glad to hear you're ok.

Just take a short trip to Taco Mac and everyhing will be better!! I love that place.
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:26 AM

Yeah you did the right thing by backing off, shows that you are the better man
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:31 AM

Let him kill the dumbasses that wont let things go.

Better to be safe than dead.
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:37 AM

glad you're ok
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:37 AM

That's scary. You definitely were right in letting it go. I've heard stories of people doing that and following you after you pass. There are some strange ones out there.
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:50 AM

Just to clear something up, I was in the far left lane and he was never behind me. He was in the right lane and swerved into my lane. I think that some people might be assuming that he was behind me and wanted to pass me.
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:56 AM

Well, oddly-- he might have been CLUELESS... and moved into the left lane thinking he had more room (blind spot...us being low, etc)... and when u honked, he might have panic'd or something and instinctivly his his brakes...

Then, maybe, realizing what he did, wave to you indicating he was in error and sorry.

--- Or, he could have been an ass ---

Either way, you did the right thing by not escilating the situation. Cudos to you!

-- Aaron
Old 07-24-2003 | 08:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by amartin
[B]Well, oddly-- he might have been CLUELESS... and moved into the left lane thinking he had more room (blind spot...us being low, etc)... and when u honked, he might have panic'd or something and instinctivly his his brakes...

Then, maybe, realizing what he did, wave to you indicating he was in error and sorry.

--- Or, he could have been an ass ---

Either way, you did the right thing by not escilating the situation.
Old 07-24-2003 | 08:21 AM

It is hard to not go off on those kind of people. But if you do you always regret it.

Quick Reply: victim of road rage