Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Top Ten Signs

Old 01-13-2009 | 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Ten Signs

In no particular order.

You're towing something. Yeah, there are exceptions, but chances are pretty good that you aren't meant to be in the far left lane if you've got a boat or your grandparent's old camper towing along behind you. If you're going fast enough to satisfy the people behind you, you're probably going too fast.

Your car was made before 1980. Do us all a favor and move your busted piece of junk out of the way. Chances are your exhaust smells like day old farts and your speedometer barely reaches the speed limit, so get the hell out of the way. Obvious exceptions include classic cars that do not suck, and drivers who actually drive them like they were meant to be driven.

You're old. Again, sure, some old farts can move... most can't. If you have false teeth, or go to the doctor more than once a week, you probably shouldn't be in the left lane. I'm sure your Buick Landboat is capable of doing 90 quite comfortably though, so if you've got the balls, go for it. Otherwise, get out of my way.

You don't have anyone in front of you. Yeah, you'd think this one would be obvious. If no one is directly in front of you in the left lane, that means you aren't going fast enough.

The lane to your right is open. Left lane is for passing folks, if you don't see a car to your right, you probably should be getting over. I don't care if you think 72 is good enough for anyone (it isn't) you should still be courteous for the people who want to go faster and get out of the way.

The guy behind you is on your bumper. Yes, the best reason ever to get over. If someone behind you wants to go faster, *let them*. I realize sometimes you can be tempted to mess with people like this and slow down just to taunt them. It can be fun watching their eyes bulge and the vein in their foreheads inflate to balloon size. Really though, it isn't worth it. They might just be as crazy as they look.

You're on your cell phone. You shouldn't be on your cell phone period, but we all do on occasion. Ever notice something? When you're not paying any damn attention to the road, you tend to slow down (or speed up) at random intervals. This is annoying as hell. Move over so you don't aggravate your fellow drivers.

Your vehicle has more than 4 wheels. Yes, that means you semi drivers. The left lane is not where you belong. I realize on occasion the 55mph-driving idiot in the right lane might irritate you enough to want to pass him... but if you must get over, make it quick. None of this 56mph crap. Speed up, pass, get over. Just like the dude towing his horses, if you're going fast enough to keep up with traffic in the left, you're going too fast.

You've been drinking heavily. Seriously do I even need to say anything else? Not that you should be driving anyway, but if you are... stay in the right, set the cruise control at the speed limit, and try not to kill yourself or anyone else. You should be concentrating on staying between the lines, not passing people.

You're doing 55mph or below. 'But the speed limit is 55!' Yeah I don't care what the sign says, no one goes 55 mph, especially not in the left lane. Get out of the way immediately, you're an a$$hat.

rant i posted on our local site. thought i'd share. http://www.s2kcincinnati.com/forum/s...ead.php?p=5374 and my blog http://thebig33tuna.blogspot.com/2009/01/t...be-in-left.html
Old 01-13-2009 | 07:55 AM

From: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

geeze, 55mph speed limits? where do you people live, nazi germany?
Old 01-13-2009 | 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna
The guy behind you is on your bumper.
YES. People seem to forget that for all intents and purposes (especially your safety) there is no set speed limit in the left hand lane. It's simply how fast the fastest driver wants to go.

If someone wants to show off at 120 MPH, let the highway patrol deal with them and in the mean time, get the hell over.
Old 01-13-2009 | 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by senor_flojo' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:55 AM
geeze, 55mph speed limits? where do you people live, nazi germany?
cincinnati has 55mph just around 10 miles nth/sth of downtown. Atlanta is 55mph on I75 thru the city AND 55 on the outer loop, 285. dayton and columbus OH are 55 inside the loop in sections. try up northeast, there are huge sections when i drove to maine that were 55 for no good reason at all.

also ironic you chose germany for your example, since they have.. ya know.. the autobahn
Old 01-13-2009 | 08:01 AM

From: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna' date='Jan 13 2009, 08:59 AM
cincinnati has 55mph just around 10 miles nth/sth of downtown. Atlanta is 55mph on I75 thru the city AND 55 on the outer loop, 285. dayton and columbus OH are 55 inside the loop in sections. try up northeast, there are huge sections when i drove to maine that were 55 for no good reason at all.
our slowest highways are 60mph, but most are marked at 65mph. outside the cities, it gets up to 70mph, and out in west texas, it gets up to 80mph.
Old 01-13-2009 | 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, I agree with all of your reasons

Old 01-13-2009 | 08:33 AM

good little rant. wish it was a public service announcement, on air or at the mvd or something that the police handed out
Old 01-13-2009 | 08:41 AM

Reminds me of every driver in VA..so bad, I get the worst road rage.
Old 01-13-2009 | 08:49 AM

everyone in America should be forced to read this. there are so many clueless people that need a lesson in "getting the fuk out of my way"
Old 01-13-2009 | 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timrocks311' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:49 AM
everyone in America should be forced to read this. there are so many clueless people that need a lesson in "getting the fuk out of my way"
It wouldn't help. Everybody in America is already aware of this. The problem is that they just don't care. They want to do what is easiest for them. They don't give a crap about anybody else on the road.

Quick Reply: Top Ten Signs