Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Too much salt on a burger makes cop sick and

Old 09-10-2007 | 05:11 PM

I work side by side with cops and for the most part they kick ass. Watch our backs and shit when we go into a questionable scene. I haven't been shot or stabbed yet so as far as I'm convinced they are doing a pretty good job.
Old 09-10-2007 | 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by kumainu,Sep 10 2007, 05:26 PM
I can see some fault in the worker's act. If it's not up to the normal standard, e.g. too salty, throw it away instead of still selling it. But that officer over-reacted.
the part about sending the "beef" to the crime lab was completely rediculous though, you have to admit
Old 09-10-2007 | 08:36 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by CrazyCracker82,Sep 10 2007, 06:59 PM
the part about sending the "beef" to the crime lab was completely rediculous though, you have to admit
It sounds ridiculous, but I don' t know about the article. It seems to me that there is potentially spin in the column. Maybe they thought that in fact the food was tainted on purpose because it was served to the police.

It's only one side of the story.
Old 09-10-2007 | 10:21 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 8D_In_Trunk,Sep 9 2007, 05:57 PM
I'll take shiny nickel wagers that there will be a procedural sign next month at McDonald's telling employees how to carry salt around in the refer. . .
Old 09-11-2007 | 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by kumainu,Sep 10 2007, 06:01 PM
Doesn't matter what you think or how you feel, they were right in the eye of the law. If you drink in public, it's against the law and the cops have the right to stop it and throw all the alcohol away. If they let you keep the unopened beers, you might've moved to another location to continue the same act.

You were out in public with 60+ beers, you planned to consume A LOT of beer, hence so many the number of beers. They had the right to stop you. I'm glad they did their job and provided the society a service.

This is the same as what many of speeders say when they get caught: "Why don't you go catch "real" criminals instead of harassing me?" I'm glad there are cops to do their jobs, regardless of how big or small the offense is.

HAIL TO THE POLICE!!!!!

I'd much rather live in a place with more cops than thugs. I'd much rather put up with the cops' "power trips" and arrogance than being harmed by the thugs. But that's just me.
i am not against cops at all. i am just saying that they could be using the resources provided by me, the tax payer (from which they get their salaries), a whole lot better. in fact, they should be out arresting the people that do not pay taxes AND are also committing crimes before they arrest people like me. seems logical to put them on their top list of priorities.

the issue i am trying to raise is, why are cops patroling for jay walkers when their are murderers around the block? oh yea its cuz cops are lazy. i probably woke one up when they were sleeping in the squad car at the beach.

well...if u cant beat them, join em... i am thinking about going into internal affairs for law enforcement. so, i can be the one arresting dirty/borderline cops, and its cushy from what i have heard.
Old 09-11-2007 | 11:54 AM

In most large cities police officers don't patrol the ENTIRE city but assigned sectors. If a cop is assigned to the Ocean Beach sector in Frisco, then he is doing his job (although I thought beach drinking was allowed in California). If he was locking up criminals in a high-crime area of San Fran then he'd be off his sector and get in a lot of shit. Just saying that because a cop is giving you a hard time for something minor doesn't mean he should be elsewhere and is ignoring rampant crime all over the city.
Old 09-11-2007 | 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by gosixers215,Sep 11 2007, 12:54 PM
In most large cities police officers don't patrol the ENTIRE city but assigned sectors. If a cop is assigned to the Ocean Beach sector in Frisco, then he is doing his job (although I thought beach drinking was allowed in California). If he was locking up criminals in a high-crime area of San Fran then he'd be off his sector and get in a lot of shit. Just saying that because a cop is giving you a hard time for something minor doesn't mean he should be elsewhere and is ignoring rampant crime all over the city.
i understand that cops are assigned differnt areas to work, and they have little control over taht. however, it just bothers me to see this huge disparity of law enforcement personel in different parts of the city. 8 cops in ocean beach in a lower crime area vs 0 cops in a high crime area... i am sure politics has a lot to do with this, but still...then again there are some parts of the city i am sure even cops are afraid to venture into...
Old 09-11-2007 | 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Sep 11 2007, 04:36 PM
8 cops in ocean beach in a lower crime area vs 0 cops in a high crime area... i am sure politics has a lot to do with this, but still...then again there are some parts of the city i am sure even cops are afraid to venture into...
Point taken and you're spot on about the politics part of it. The 0 cops in high-crime areas statement doesn't hold much weight though, because surely the SFPD has more than 8 cops on duty during a particular shift.
Old 09-11-2007 | 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by kumainu,Sep 10 2007, 01:36 PM
God, shut up, will ya? There are good cops and there are bad cops, just as there are good soldiers and there are bad soldiers, good and bad teachers, and everything else.

What would you do if you need a cop's help for something? Without police, society would be chaotic, probably from thugs like you. I think cops should have the right to kill thugs like you without even thinking twice about it and without reason.

You sound like a white wannabe-thug who should be beaten up by the biggest, blackest brothers. Unless you're already black, then you should be beaten up by the most racist KKK members. But if you're Asian, you should be beaten up by both.

Stupid moron who couldn't even use proper grammar and punctuations in a simple sentence. This is why used S2000s under $20K should be destroyed instead of sold to stupid little kids these days.
To me, your words are simply more disturbing and your reaction is much more immature. Cut the racist crap.
Old 09-11-2007 | 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Vik2000,Sep 11 2007, 03:38 PM
To me, your words are simply more disturbing and your reaction is much more immature. Cut the racist crap.
I think he intended some humor in there, not to create a racial battle.
But it 's pretty easy to see how that could be taken wrong.

Quick Reply: Too much salt on a burger makes cop sick and