Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Today's Driving Test

Old 02-11-2003 | 05:34 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts
Default Today's Driving Test

Today's short driving quiz, based on WestSideBilly's morning commute:

1. You are driving down a dry 2 lane road with light traffic, the posted speed limit is 40 mph. How fast should you go?[list=a]
[*]40 mph
[*]A safe and prudent speed for road/weather/traffic conditions (45-50 mph).
[*]30 mph, max! Wouldn't want to be unsafe.[/list=a]

2. While driving down the aforementioned road, you see an oncoming school bus. When the bus is no more than 50 feet from you, it turns it's pre-stop yellow blinking lights on. What do you do?[list=a]
[*]Speed up and blow past the bus (and the kid on the side of the road).
[*]Continue driving your current speed and safely pass the bus.
[*]Slam on your brakes, almost causing the car behind you to hit you, and end up stopped about even with the middle of the bus.[/list=a]

Note: It is illegal to pass a bus with flashing red lights, and you must stop no less than 100 feet from a bus with flashing red lights.

3. You are approaching an intersection and your light has just turned green. You are ~20 seconds from the light, which stays green for ~30 seconds. There are numerous cars right behind you. Do you?[list=a]
[*]Speed up so all the cars behind you can get through the green light, too.
[*]Maintain your speed, get through the light safely, though some behind you may get the red.
[*]Slow down to a speed which requires you to drive through the now red light, and screw everyone behind you as well.[/list=a]

4. You are at an intersection, waiting on a red light. The light turns green. Do you?[list=a]
[*]Floor it!
[*]Accelerate smoothly away from the intersection after checking to verify cross traffic is stopping.
[*]Continue talking on your cell phone to your sister, who absolutely must know what happened on Joe Millionaire last night, even though she taped it and is going to watch it as soon as you hang up. "Oh, the light just turned yellow, I guess I should go now!"[/list=a]

5. You are running late to work. Even though you are an ugly, obese woman, you feel the need to present yourself nicely. In order to save time, you skip the makeup and leave for work. When is the proper time to apply your makeup?[list=a]
[*]When you get to work.
[*]You're fat and ugly - makeup can't change that... give it up!
[*]While driving to work in your POS car, in moderately heavy traffic, at the same time flipping off everyone next to you giving you dirty looks for not paying attention to the road.[/list=a]

BONUS QUESTION!

The guy in front of you has been driving 10-15 mph over the posted speed limits, and appears to have a radar detector on his windshield. Suddenly, he slows down to the speed limit, even though there is no indication he is turning. How do you react?[list=a]
[*]Slam on the brakes.
[*]Gently slow down to the speed limit (downshift/parking brake/light braking).
[*]Do a wild lane change without signaling, continue driving 15mph over, flip the idiot off, and fail to notice the oncoming police car.[/list=a]

Scoring:
For questions 1-5, for each A answer chosen, take 0 points; for each B answer chosen, take 2 points; for each C answer chosen, deduct 5 points. For the bonus question, A is 0 points, B is 2 points, and C is 4 points and a $125 ticket, payable at your local circuit court.

Any driver scoring at least 0 points shall be allowed to keep their license. Anyone scoring negative points should be severely beaten; however due to a glitch in the system, they will instead be rewarded with a "good driver discount" and pay lower insurance premiums. Anyone scoring 10 or more points will be ordered to take a "Driver Improvement Program" to negate their logical thought processes.

Thank you;
Have a nice day.
Old 02-11-2003 | 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. b
2. b
3. b
4. b
5. b

Bonus: b

So... -12

Don't tell me you answered all A's?
Old 02-11-2003 | 07:04 AM

Alex, you scored +12, not -12... B was the logical answer for all of them, A an acceptable though not necessarily smart choice. Some of the yahoos on the way to work this morning chose C though .

Unfortunately, you must now enroll in a "Driver Improvement Program" to remedy your logical driving thought processes.
Old 02-11-2003 | 10:07 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

I got a 10. Driver improvement program, here I come...
Old 02-11-2003 | 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice post WSB ......

Sarcasm lives on that side of the pond too then !!!
Old 02-12-2003 | 06:45 AM

Asshole.
Old 02-12-2003 | 06:46 AM

Thanks TJ. Yes, I live and die by sarcasm...

JonBoy - I'll let you know how my DIP goes in a couple weeks
Old 02-12-2003 | 06:47 AM

Originally posted by alexf20c
Asshole.
Why, thank you! That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day
Old 02-12-2003 | 06:48 AM

BTW, Billy (is that your name?) - the whole "asshole" thing is an inside joke...

And was directed at Master Asshole Z06-KILLR.