Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

They're Marching Against God - Your .02

Old 07-18-2002, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by speedyclip
[B]The USSR ran amok with this and it killed their country and thousands of their citizens.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:01 AM

I am not very young. I am about to be 51.

The Russian people never stopped their irrational beliefs. The State cannot drive out mindless fears and beliefs. It was not the people of Russia turning from God that brought about it's woes. It is all economics. Might makes right. Who gots all the money? The ones with the biggest guns is who. There is nothing mystical going on here. It's just business. The Name of God is used as a cloak to keep people from looking too closely. Sleight of hand. Look at the public schools. Johnny can't read, write, concentrate, compose a sentence. Think this worries the ones running the country? Their kids are in private schools. Keep the public dumb and fat while you rape the world. Ding Ding Kiss the Ring.

Your (not personal here, just a generic phrase) belief system is an accident of birth. Where you were born, and when, are more important to the belief systems of most people than is thought. If you were born in Iraq/Greece/Botswana/Tasmania, you would have some rather different ideas than you have now. Unless you can think things through for yourself, you are destined to follow the crowd. For most, this gives comfort. For those that question, it is very spooky to see masses of people stand and chant in unison. Herd mentality is a very dangerous thing. Unnerving for those witnessing. Joyously insane for those participating. Mind out the window feels soooo good. And look at all the others that are one with me. If you gotta believe in God, ask why did he give you a brain? To throw it out the window for some group feel good chanting?

I've never read Marx. I don't believe any one has the solution. I don't push any single person's ideas. Just the idea of awareness and thought. Putting your brain on hold for some emotional stroking is frightening.

"I believe that only thing that separates man from the animals is pointless ritual and mindless superstition." Originally said by Bill Mahr. Look what truth got him. Fired.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by Garyj
Textual criticism, at this point, is mute.
Moot.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:11 AM

speaking of the reds and beliefs, Jiang Zeming (President of China) publicly declared that as the party leader he's an athiest, but privately he has read ALL of the major religious documentations many times and practices Zen Buddhism, and he belives most of the things he read were "good".
Old 07-18-2002, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by magician

Moot.
Sometimes I hate spell checkers

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ltweintz
[B]

Thanks for the explanation on the Red Sea crossing.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woodyandy
[B]1.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay Li
[B]

speedy, I take offense to your implication that atheists were the cause of the USSR's downfall.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]

I certainly do believe that the mind is very powerful, even to the doing of "miracles".
Old 07-18-2002, 09:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]I'd like to know the scripture in the Bible that says that oral sex is not allowed.

Quick Reply: They're Marching Against God - Your .02