Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

They're Marching Against God - Your .02

Old 07-18-2002, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Man cannot create so much as a flea. Yet Man can create Gods by the hundreds." That said, it's all mind humping babble to lessen the anxiety caused by the realization of one's own mortality. The afterlife. The biggest con ever invented by Man. "Believe this with me and you never die. Do what I say and you'll dance with angels for eternity". This one recruitment device then leads it's followers any which way the leader of the particular "tribe" wants to go. And by the way. Eternal everlasting existence would be the Hell they are all trying to avoid. Think of it. On and on for all time. You'd beg to die. Heaven is just one big load of manure that sucks in the gullible and weak thinking. The decision to believe the lie is emotional, and not intellectual. Death is a scary thing, but eternal life would be excruciating eternal torture. What "God" would be doing that to it's "children"? Oh. There's no Easter Bunny either. (sorry)
Old 07-18-2002, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by JonBoy
If I said, "I don't want to go" or "I want to not go", it is the same thing.
No, it isn't. The first allows for apathy, the second does not.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woodyandy
[B]Oh.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:36 AM

I don't know what buggs me more,,,, the clowns with the bikes always knocking on my door, or the fanatics that would love to kill me just because I don't believe in the same god as they do.
seems a little crazy, that people that have such a strong belief, would have so much hate.

And lets not forget the religious leaders that choose to molest. Can you say Hypocrite?
Old 07-18-2002, 07:39 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by magician
[B]

No, it isn't.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:44 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woodyandy
[B]"Man cannot create so much as a flea.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]"I do not believe there is a God"

"I believe there is no God"

I can't seem to see how those are different statements.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by magician

We're being cruel today, aren't we?
Religion is the cancer that will destroy the organism. Having imaginary friends past the age of five is arrested development. This is reality, not cruelty. The Easter Bunny thing was sarcastic maybe, but not cruel. An attention getter. Cruel is what religions do to nonbelievers. They smite them in the name of their God.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:03 AM

I say congrats to the marchers. And I must say I'm impressed by all the open-minded people here, on our beloved S2KI, that don't allow themselves to be brainwashed by popular religion. I think it's safe to say that many, perhaps most of us, were raised by our parents to believe in some kind of deity and it shows our generally high level of intelligence that we are able to re-evaluate that way of thinking.

That being said, religion is perfectly ok for those who think they need it, but for those who do, please don't try to indoctrinate the rest of us into your ways. Religion should be a private, personal matter between that person and his/her god/gods. When it becomes part of a particular culture is when the problems happen, hence the wisdom of the founding fathers of this county and the separation of church and state.

In closing, fellow parishioners, I leave you with my favorite quote from Clarence Darrow: "The end of wisdom is the fear of God. The beginning of wisdom is doubt."
Old 07-18-2002, 08:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]

Just out of curiosity, what has lost its meaning in the Bible?

Quick Reply: They're Marching Against God - Your .02