Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

They're Marching Against God - Your .02

Old 07-24-2002, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay Li
[B]My main point was that it's ridiculous to say that if it's not good, it's bad, and vice versa.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by chroot

No.

- Warren
Thanks.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by StrangeDaze
Magician, if we could find a contradiction in nature, would the contradiction really be in nature? Or would the contradiction lie in our perception of nature?

Put another way, how could we ever know for certain that the contradiction wasn't just our lack of information to explain it or an error in our observation/interpretation?
The argument works both ways. If there are contradictions in the Bible, then it's our lack of information. And if there's a contradiction in proving God's existence, then...etc.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:58 PM

An age-old debate which has persisted among scientists is related to the question, "Is light a wave or a stream of particles?" Very noteworthy and distinguished physicists have taken up each side of the argument, providing a wealth of evidence for each side. The fact is that light exhibits behaviors which are characteristic of both waves and particles. Quoted from the Physics Classroom Internet page.

Sounds like a contradiction to me.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:59 PM

Sounds like a contradiction to me.
Spoken like someone who clearly knows absolutely nothing about fundamental physics. It isn't a contradiction at all.

I happen to have a meeting to run to in about 5 minutes. When I get back, if no one else has already explained it to you, I'll explain it to you. Deal?

- Warren
Old 07-24-2002, 02:33 PM

Received 227 Likes on 161 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ltweintz
[B]

I know.

Here is the definition of neutral:

Main Entry: 2neutral
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French, from (assumed) Medieval Latin neutralis, from Latin, of neuter gender, from neutr-, neuter
Date: 1549
1 : not engaged on either side; specifically : not aligned with a political or ideological grouping <a neutral nation>
Old 07-24-2002, 02:38 PM

Received 227 Likes on 161 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay Li
[B]

I'm sorry, but this phrase sounds ludicrous to me.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:40 PM

Yes...I think we are agreeing. (amazing huh? )

I see where you are coming with the moral aspect.....something which I have a very hard time grasping easily. (If you've ever done personality studying, I'm on the extreme end of thinking and away from feeling. Guess it showed a bit here.) Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chroot
[B]Spoken like someone who clearly knows absolutely nothing about fundamental physics.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:45 PM

Back to contradictions in Nature. magician, you would really like somebody on the other side of the argument(me) to acknowlege that it it's possible - it very well may be. You know what else is possible - when I leave my house tomorrow morning, a man in a business suit will walk up to me, hand me a briefcase with 20 million dollars in it and say happy birthday. That seems much more possible to me then seeing a contradiction in Nature with my own 2 eyes, but I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that it will NEVER happen. Much like the existance of God and eternal life, it would be a very pleasent surprize to be proved wrong. By all means do not let me stop you from showing up at my house with a briefcase full of money.

Quick Reply: They're Marching Against God - Your .02