Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

They're Marching Against God - Your .02

Old 07-22-2002, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! - don't I feel stupid.

:blushes:
Old 07-22-2002, 03:20 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Garyj
[B]

I missed the reference that would prove that an omniscient and omnipotent being can not exist.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by magician
[B]

Some developed philosophies allow for two mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive states for declarative statements: True and False.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]

By the way, if I were not a Christian, I'd probably be an agnostic.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonasM
[B]

Sorry - it was in the other thread on the PLedge - look for Jay Li's post of 7-15.

In short, though:
Old 07-22-2002, 04:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonasM
[B]

Sorry - it was in the other thread on the PLedge - look for Jay Li's post of 7-15.

In short, though:
Old 07-22-2002, 04:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
[B]

O.K. Hands up!...I'm a bit hazy on the definition of 'agnostic'
Old 07-22-2002, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm obliged GaryJ... Thank you!

I'm now struggling to see any real difference between an atheist and an agnostic, but then I always did!

We atheists are a sceptical bunch I grant you, but even we, if confronted with proof,... would have to accept the existence of your all powerful entity. The problem is .....that proof just isn't forthcoming. Perhaps the difference is we've long since stopped expecting it to be found.

The Turin Shroud has little credibility left, I believe, after several rigorous scientific tests. The last I read anyway, they'd found pollens in the weave of the material which were from a totally different period. Several hundred years IIRC.

The Dead Sea Scrolls continue to be deciphered and I do realize what a mammoth job that is! The fact remains that part of the scrolls at least covers the period of Christ's life, and to date no reference to him has been found.... whatsover! These scrolls are a chronicle of events written in the very area where Christ was supposedly raising the dead, feeding the multitude, preaching to crowds of thousands and claiming to be the son of God. If that wasn't enough, following the most frightful and gruesome public execution, he rose from the dead.

Not a mention? Why???

I suppose there's still The Lost Ark Of The Covenant and the remnants of Noah's Ark to hang onto.

Show me some proof please. Do not ask me to make this leap of 'faith' with you. Do not ask me to base my whole life around a belief or set of beliefs which I can only see to be totally flawed ,based on writings with no more credibility than a thousand other stories which have been handed down to us through the generations, and 'Growed'... like Topsy, in the telling. Truthfully, wouldn't we all like to believe in the life hereafter, eternal happiness, the whole deal... sure we would!! Without proof it's no more than a placebo for our mortality and no substitite IMHO for the acceptance of what is obvious.... reality!
Old 07-22-2002, 06:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 'smyroad
[B]

Of course this pre-supposes that God is constrained by the philosophy of Aristotle and the logic of humankind.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:05 PM

[B]

Read my posted answer on that string to the fallacy.

Quick Reply: They're Marching Against God - Your .02